Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nothings better

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:59 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 275 Total Views

Well I don't know about you guys but nothing too much has changed with my son. He's been in counseling for months and he's still trying to do the same stuff. Not that I've let him though. It gets tiring constantly watching, always having to have him in the same room, never letting him play in a room alone with his siblings, or other kids. I need a break but that's not allowed according to the counselor. Got to keep a constant vigil and stop his behavior but it's not stopping. I'm beginning to tink she's wrong and he's not going to just forget and move on. I have my other kids to think about too and it's hard to split myself to give them each their one on one time with mommy because they all need that. And then there is the baby. My two middle sons are starting to feel left out. That mommy doesn't love them as much and I've explained the best I can that I'm doing the best I can but it seems that my best just is never enough. School is starting again next week and that will be a new set of challenges. So wish me luck and want to hear that you guys are roughing things ok.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Yasmin
by Group Owner on Aug. 27, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I am in the same boat, Rose has been in counseling for a really long time now, and she seems to be getting worse. I just hope that after the trial (it is in october now) that she will be able to heal.

I am so sorry that things are difficult for you, it will get better. Juggling kids is really hard. Especially making them all feel the same. I hope that it has gotten better.

babe_boo
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:42 AM

yasmin its so nice to hear from you. haven't heard from you in a while. Nobody really ever is on anymore. How is everything going? Is your child doing okay? How are you doing and holding up?

I just had to explain to my sons new teacher the rules that the counselor told me and it was so hard for me to tell her that he was molested. I felt terrible. I still feel like it's my fault and especially that he's not getting better. The counselor keeps saying he'll forget but the older he gets the more i'm convinced that he'll always remember and be ashamed of himself later in life. I don't want him to end up like my mother. She was molested when she was three by her uncle and that continued until she was six and then her uncle taught her oldest brother to molest her and then her older brother brought his friends and that continued until she was 10. Now she's crazy. She is on tons of meds and totally nuts. The only reason she's not in an institute, she was in one for a while, is because the state doesn't want to pay for it anymore. So they give her SSI and a place to live and she has a social worker come several times a week to help her out and take her everywhere she needs to go. I had to stop letting my kids see her because of her behavior. It is so erratic and unpredictable. My sons didn't go on for a long time like hers did but the fear that he'll become like her is still there.

Yasmin
by Group Owner on Sep. 10, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I don't come here too often anymore. I have facebook, that seems to absorb my social time, besides work has been pretty busy, the kids keep me really busy as well.

The court date is Nov. 3rd. Rose is in counseling. I really do believe she is doing better. She told me that God told her that James (her bio dad-the molester) is going to confess, so she won't have to testify.  I really hope that it was God, and not her own mind. I pray he does confess, so she doesn't have to go through this. She is doing better though.

I am so sorry about your mom. That has to suck. It is sad to watch people hurt like that.

Have faith that your son will heal from his ordeal, maybe you need to see a social worker, and ask their advice about getting a break. There must be some help available. We all need breaks, I will pray that you find some peace, and that your son will find peace.

I wish I knew what the right answer for this was, but I don't. Time seems to be it. The counselor should be able to help you figure out a break, it annoys me that she isn't helpful.

Big Hugs!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)