Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP PLS: Need ideas for 1st birthday party: princess theme

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:55 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 475 Total Views

I need ideas for 1st birthday pary.  the theme is princess.  Would like decoration to be a wand asking guests to join us at our "castle" but don't know where i can get the template or if i can order somewhere.  & haven't the slightest clue about decorations for this & games.  I'm lost, first time mom.  Please help.  Her birthday is 2nd week in sept...

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tbear2008
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2009 at 5:29 PM

That sounds like a cute idea.  Why don't you go to toys r us and find a wand there and make some things yourself?  will there be little kids at the party or mostly adults?  I have a ton of ideas for little kids but I don't have any for adults... I'm on the same boat as you.  Google 1st birthday and there's a bunch of websites that come up for decorations and princesses.  Good luck!

PartyfulMom
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Here are some fun princess party ideas:

• Invitations: Print your own using an elegant font on formal stationary, word it:

"Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Princess ______ requests your presence for the celebration of her birthday."  "Please contact the Queen to R.S.V.P."  ~ On the invitation, ask each child to dress as a princess in her favorite dress.

• Decorations:

Use white and pink tulle (from your local fabric store) and drape over the doorway.  Decorate main table with a pink tablecloth.  Add sparkly confetti.  Scatter costume pearl necklaces and the like in the center of the table (around the cake or food). Pearly white, pink, and purple helium balloons and a pinata. Create a beautiful pink castle out of oatmeal boxes..

• Menu:

Serve 'tea sandwiches' ~white bread with cream cheese and strawberry jam, with crusts removed and cut into small triangles. 

White chocolate drizzled over grapes

White grape juice in (plastic) champagne flutes

• Activities:

Purchase a pack of plain party hats. Provide glue-on rhinestones, feathers, sequins, markers, and glue.  Have each 'princess' decorate her own birthday hat.

Princess parade (like musical chairs)

Movie showing of "Cinderella"

Slay the dragon ~ pinata that is..

• Party Favors: hand out magic wands - you can find links for these on http://www.itsapartyfullife.com/princess_party

Here are also some ideas and tips for planning a first birthdays

and an idea for a princess cake from Family Fun: http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50185

Hope that helps!

Cyndi

partyWe love parties!  It's A Party-ful Life!

wimzie727
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Thank you everyone for your ideas, very helpful.  I printed invites with hear ye, hear yee, the king & queen invivte you to the castle of...& included time the carriage could pick up kids on back of invite & pic of a princess on front.

as kids arrive, girls will receive wands & gems & boys, swords. 

looking for some kind of red material or paper to put down as a runway any ideas?

party favor bags have lip gloss, candy bracelets, the frog prince 5minute bedtime story, etc.

I printed cards from vistaprint as thank you cards with her pic on back.

preeti22
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Hi, you can check ebay.com. there you can find lots of party stuff at reasonable price.for decoration ideas you can check pinterest.

you can also hire party planner  to plan this party and they will do all decorations of the party. and will entertain kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)