Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black Friday

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:12 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 335 Total Views

Anybody going shopping on Black Friday?  Where are you going?  What time?  What are you looking for?

I've actually never been, but am considering going, if there's something super cheap that we "need".

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
angiebangie84
by Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Ive never done the Black Friday thing in my life. lol. And probably wont this year either cuz I'm stuck working. I hear people get some crazy deals. I'd totally do it but not with my kid. William HATES shopping.

Gem0614
by Group Admin on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I enjoy it more in a smaller town where it isn't as congested. I did it once in Springield and I found it to be overwhelming and the deals were only really good on electronics. Everything else was pretty much the same. I use to go every year with my sister in Osage Beach and that was a blast!

kellybelly7570
by Group Admin on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:29 AM

I've been one time in Joplin and one time in Springfield.  Both were equally crazy.   I even saw a fight break out at ToysRUs in Joplin!    I think it is fun & exciting......I actually love the atmosphere.  However, my shopping has been done for a long time, and I can't think of any items I'd like to get.   So i don't think I'll be going this year. 

JessicaRose
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Ugghhh I think I would pay the extra money for an item than deal with the craziness of shopping on that day

Gem0614
by Group Admin on Nov. 13, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Oh and people talk about people being mean, but in like 8 years of doing this, I have never seen that. People will go out of their way to grab you an item. I love the atmosphere, but I feel yucky this year and don't feel like waking up early.  Any way I saved a few items still to buy, but I do that so that I can reserve a day to go shopping with my sister. That is one of my favorite Christmas traditions! :)

mizkayla_06
by Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:34 PM

I most likely won't head out b/c we are done christmas shopping already...unless I find an awesome deal but heres a link I found with certain black friday ads already hope it helps u ladies :)

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/ 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)