Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recommendations for Cox Dr's. Gyno, Pediatrician, ect..?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:41 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 531 Total Views

Our insurance is switching come first of the year to Cox and We have to find all new Dr.s. I had Cox when William was Born and had Dr. Derrough throughout my pregnancy @ Phycians for women, But I had a bad experience with her and am wanting someone different. Preferably a female still.  We also need a pediatrician for William and a family care Dr. Anyone got any recommendations? thanks :)

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kellybelly7570
by Group Admin on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I see Dr. Derrough and LOVE her! 

I take my kids to Dr. Lynette Robbins at Cox Health Pediatrics.  269-3700

Family Dr. is Dr. Choe (pronounced Chay).   269-0700.  She primarily sees women, but will see men if they don't have a regular health care provider. 

SoGlad2BBlessed
by Member on Dec. 4, 2009 at 6:05 PM

This is an extremely late reply but... I see Dr.Richmon, also with Physicians for Women. My sister recommended him to me and he's been the best through this 2nd pregnancy. My husband even likes him better than our first gyno with the first pregnancy. And my sister said that he's been the best gyno she's ever had. But, he's not a woman or course, :)  In fact, I don't know of any other female gynos. Dr. Troy (in the same building) was my family physician when I had insurance through my mother back when I was in high school, she's nice, probably not the most inpressive but she's nice and was considerate and had good bed side manner. However, that was quite a few years ago but last I heard, she's still there. Other than that, no clue.

JessicaRose
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Dr. Mary Duff is FANTASTIC!  She is a mom, used to teach medical school, and is very detail-oriented.  She listens and cares.  She is next to Cox South in the Turner Center.

kellybelly7570
by Group Admin on Dec. 5, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Quoting SoGlad2BBlessed:

In fact, I don't know of any other female gynos. 

Actually, there are only 2 men in the group at Physicians for Women.  The other 4 are women.  I REFUSE to see a man, or let a man deliver my babies.   I know, I'm weird like that  ;)     But I really like all the women I have seen at PforW.  

angiebangie84
by Member on Dec. 5, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Quoting kellybelly7570:

Quoting SoGlad2BBlessed:

Actually, there are only 2 men in the group at Physicians for Women.  The other 4 are women.  I REFUSE to see a man, or let a man deliver my babies.   I know, I'm weird like that  ;)     But I really like all the women I have seen at PforW.  

Im the same way. I want a female dr. I have to have a female. Cant even explain why. guess I'm sexist. LOL. When William was born Dr Derrough was on vacation. She of course didnt tell me she was even going on a vacation so to my surprise when I found out at the hospital that she wont be there I was like HUH!?.  It was just me, cory and the nurses  for the entire delivery...I had some MALE doctor pop in for litterally 30 seconds and deliver william. Have no clue what his name was. lol. The nurses got me all the way to the point where Williams head was all the way out and at that point the nurses told me to stop pushing and wait for the dr to come in.. I was yelling at the nurses telling them I cant hold him in he's wiggling out! Dr at that point pretty much walked into the room threw his gloves on and caught william. He then immediately handed him to the nurses and left the room.  It was a weird experience.

JessicaRose
by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 12:46 AM

My last two kids the nurses had to tell me to quit pushing, I was like "are you serious"??  LOL it's not like you can just hold the baby in.  Granted both of them took two pushes because of this but it reminded me of how ridiculous it sounded to "not push"

Quoting angiebangie84:

Quoting kellybelly7570:

Quoting SoGlad2BBlessed:

Im the same way. I want a female dr. I have to have a female. Cant even explain why. guess I'm sexist. LOL. When William was born Dr Derrough was on vacation. She of course didnt tell me she was even going on a vacation so to my surprise when I found out at the hospital that she wont be there I was like HUH!?.  It was just me, cory and the nurses  for the entire delivery...I had some MALE doctor pop in for litterally 30 seconds and deliver william. Have no clue what his name was. lol. The nurses got me all the way to the point where Williams head was all the way out and at that point the nurses told me to stop pushing and wait for the dr to come in.. I was yelling at the nurses telling them I cant hold him in he's wiggling out! Dr at that point pretty much walked into the room threw his gloves on and caught william. He then immediately handed him to the nurses and left the room.  It was a weird experience.

angiebangie84
by Member on Dec. 6, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Glad to know I'm not th only one. I was freakin out thinkin this damn Doctor better hurry up and get in here or my baby is gonna fall out onto the floor. Maybe thats why they say "use your kegal muscles" they want you to hold him in. lol. It was probably only a couple seconds but it felt like forever. LOL. Your lucky you only had 2 pushes though. I pushed for like 12 hours cuz William didnt drop when my water broke. he just wasnt wanting to come down but once he did he shot out like a rocket. LOL.

Quoting JessicaRose:

My last two kids the nurses had to tell me to quit pushing, I was like "are you serious"??  LOL it's not like you can just hold the baby in.  Granted both of them took two pushes because of this but it reminded me of how ridiculous it sounded to "not push"

Quoting angiebangie84:

Quoting kellybelly7570:

Quoting SoGlad2BBlessed:

JessicaRose
by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Holy cow 12 hours?????  You poor thing!  My first was 15 minutes and the other two were out in 1-2 pushes.  I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.  Almost too lucky my second son came 12 minutes after I got to the hospital.  Fast labors and births aren't always good....

Quoting angiebangie84:

Glad to know I'm not th only one. I was freakin out thinkin this damn Doctor better hurry up and get in here or my baby is gonna fall out onto the floor. Maybe thats why they say "use your kegal muscles" they want you to hold him in. lol. It was probably only a couple seconds but it felt like forever. LOL. Your lucky you only had 2 pushes though. I pushed for like 12 hours cuz William didnt drop when my water broke. he just wasnt wanting to come down but once he did he shot out like a rocket. LOL.

Quoting JessicaRose:

Quoting angiebangie84:

Quoting kellybelly7570:

Quoting SoGlad2BBlessed:

kellybelly7570
by Group Admin on Dec. 7, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Quoting angiebangie84:

I don't even think I would let a male Dr deliver my baby.  I would rather have a nurse do it.   When i was in labor with Boston, a male nurse came in to "check" me.  I wanted to be checked for progress, but I refused, and told him he'd have to find a female nurse for me.   There is NO way I was going to let a guy do that. 

Dr Derrough was on vacation when Boston was born as well (that woman must vacation a lot - LOL!).  When they told me someone else was on the way to deliver, I didn't even ask their name - all I wanted to know was male or female!   I would have thrown a HUGE fit if a male was on his way to my room!

Anyway, good luck with your Dr search!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)