Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you deal with your bedwetting issue

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

i am just curious how different mothers react or deal with the bedwetting their child(ren) are experiencing. i understand that some have been dealing with this for some time (and may have more patience) and others for just a short time (and end up having steam come out their ears). this is not intended to have others bash for your honest responses, so please let each of us just put how we respond and deal and leave it at that. i just ask in hopes to find a fresh suggestion or idea for me. i just expect it , since we are still working on training.

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mom2SKMB
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:19 AM

My bedwetters are only 3, I go in and tell them its ok and remind them to get up to use the potty, they are always very upset when they wet so the last thing I would want to do is make them feel worse. 

armysids ribbonbaseballangeltwin girls

Looking for great make-up, skin care, hair care, home decor, clothing, jewelry, mens, and childrens products?  Check out my Avon store.

DogsMom
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 8:42 AM

Lots of patience,  and not stressing in front of them.

DakotaRose
by Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:01 PM

A lot of patience. I let her know it's ok and we will try again. I give her a hug and help her change. The less of a deal you make about it, the less anxiety your child has and the better a chance that the bed wetting will stop sooner.

Aurorasmom
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 3:53 PM

lots of reminding to use the potty...and when we have an accident, we blame the "pee pees." usually a "darn it pee pee, why did you do that silly?" so she knows its not ok, but not putting the stress on her like she did something wrong.  she talks to the "pee pees" when she wets, too.

table4six
by Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Quoting Aurorasmom:

lots of reminding to use the potty...and when we have an accident, we blame the "pee pees." usually a "darn it pee pee, why did you do that silly?" so she knows its not ok, but not putting the stress on her like she did something wrong.  she talks to the "pee pees" when she wets, too.

lol, that's a cute idea!

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2010 at 12:01 PM

BUMP!

single_and_preg
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2010 at 3:22 PM

BUMP!

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Good idea. No use to shame the child when they know it is something they shouldn't have done, as long as they are trying.

Quoting table4six:

Quoting Aurorasmom:

lol, that's a cute idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)