Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When a teacher won't let your child use the restroom at school or tells them they have to wait...DOES THIS....

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

Upset you?  It makes me mad when teachers do this because when a child has to go they cannot wait.  Now, not in all situations but in most. 

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I  have never ran in to that problem thankfully. My sons first grade teacher was great with letting him go at any time to use the bathroom. If she didn't hear him ask he had permission to just go. we did tell him to go at every recess and lunch too so hopefully it would not be a problem having to go during class.

I would be a little upset if the teacher did that a lot. It would kind of depend on why they told the child to wait.

KBix
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:45 PM

i think its sad when teachers refuse the bathroom.

kmrtigger
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:12 PM

I have told my boys if they really have to go and are refused to be allowed to just walk out of the room and go. If I get called b/c of it then we will deal with it then. So far no issues with it.

AM-BRAT
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM

I can see how a teacher would be frustrated by children who abuse that priveledge/ need, but they shouldn't DENY anyone...

owensmom34
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Me too!  It seems so mean when teachers don't let kids use the restroom.

Quoting kmrtigger:

I have told my boys if they really have to go and are refused to be allowed to just walk out of the room and go. If I get called b/c of it then we will deal with it then. So far no issues with it.

dustinsmommy74
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Yes I would be very mad. And have something to say.

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 9:39 PM

It would upset me. If my kid has to go, they should be allowed to go. Especially young kids who just don't have the control that older kids do.

owensmom34
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I agree!  That's why I tell my boys to just go if the teacher doesn't let them.

Quoting bhwrn1:

It would upset me. If my kid has to go, they should be allowed to go. Especially young kids who just don't have the control that older kids do.

itsallabtthem84
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 11:00 PM

It does upset me. When my oldest was in 1st grade her PE coach told her she could not go to the bathroom and she ended up peeing all over herself. Her coach got a earful from me.

owensmom34
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2010 at 11:03 PM

It''s terrible to do to a child and kids can be so mean.  I had an accident in first grade because of a teacher. 

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

It does upset me. When my oldest was in 1st grade her PE coach told her she could not go to the bathroom and she ended up peeing all over herself. Her coach got a earful from me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)