Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 1/2 yr/old regressing

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 1:19 AM
  • 3 Replies

My son was completely potty trained by 2 1/2 but in the last couple of months has been wetting the bed and sometimes has accidents during the day. When I ask him about it he just shrugs and says it was an accident sorry. I am so confused. From the time he was trained he would go weeks without an accident and those were only in bed usually a bad dream or something. I never used pull-ups, I went straight from diapers to underwear. He would get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night or go in the morning.

The only real life change in our house has been my dd started kindergarten which is around when these problems seem to have started. He really misses her not being around (she did not attend pre-k), so this is the first time she has been away from him. I miss her too, but I'm not wetting the bed! LOL! Sorry, it's late and I'm frustrated. Anyone have advice?

by on Oct. 16, 2010 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Cafe Veronica
by on Oct. 19, 2010 at 2:42 PM

I am actually having the same problem with my 3 year old. He's been having a lot of accidents lately but I think it's because he focuses too much on playing that he doesn't make it to the bathroom in time. We just keep reminding him now every 15-20 minutes for him to go.

BeccaFrazier
by New Member on Nov. 13, 2010 at 1:16 AM

My son is four and he still wets the bed (has always if we don't use pullups).. My advice is that you make sure he doesn't get mixed up in your concerns.. He's okay with wetting the bed. He's probably adjusting to changes in his environment or it could just be a physiological thing that will end in its own time..

Let him wet the bed and not feel bad about it.

You might make sure he doesn't drink anything after a certain amount of time (say 2 hours before bedtime, except a "goodnight sip").. and be sure to give him plenty of time to go potty before bed. You might even stay in the bathroom with him until he goes, so he knows you are there for him and will never abandon him. hugs

These are just ideas that I think I'm going to try. I hope it was helpful.. If not, just go with your gut on this.. You know your son's needs better than anyone.

Becca

LuvMyBabies07
by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 5:28 AM

My daughter was potty trained about a year ago at 2 1/2 and she is regressing as well. Right around when I found out I'm pregnant with my 2nd she started wetting the bed again. After about a week of it I put her back in pull ups. The other night she finally woke up with a dry pull up. I made a huge deal about it. Got her a bunch of chocolate ice cream and her and i had a little mommy/daughter party. It made her really proud of herself. She is on her 3rd night in a row now, I hope she keeps it up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)