Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the best pull-up?

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2010 at 8:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi Ladies,  I am a wife and a mom of three kids.  DD (10), DD (8) and DS (6).  My son has never been fully trained at night.  My hubby had a little trouble with this as a child, and I remember putting on my own diapers (b4 pullups were invented). when I was in Kindergarten.  I know genetics is an issue with my son, but he has taken this farther than DH and I.  We have taken him to the urologist that has given him two Rx that only help slightly.  DS is dry 1-2 nights a week.  He does have a small bladder, but it is growing like the dr. like to see. and he has a small hole at the tip to pee through, but the dr says this should have no effect on his nighttime wetting.  I know he will not be in High School with this problem, but I am having a hard time waiting for him to out grow it.  Also, his pull ups leak and his room always smells bad.  Do any of you lading have a suggestion of pull ups to try?  He will be 7 in 11 days and weighs about 45 lbs, size 7 slim in pants.  Do you think I need to go to the dr for a special perscription for night diapers that will hold it all?  Thanks!

by on Oct. 31, 2010 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wittner9803
by on Nov. 2, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Our 11 year old saughter is the one that has the bed wetting problem. I buy her Huggies Nighttime pull ups. They seem to hold very well. The dr. has told us and her that her bladder isn't strong enough to hold it all night, and she never wakes up through the night, I have tried setting her her alarm, but that doesn't seem to work. She use to wet her herself during the day too, but out grew that about age 6, now it is just at night. Two of her uncles had the same problem. I can't wait for her to out grow it.

1pickeboysmom
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Hi! I feel your pain. Like you, my son has never been fully night trained either. I also struggle with trying to wait for him to grow out of it, especially when I see his self esteem suffers as well. The best thing that I have found to use are the nighttime pants, Huggies has some called Goodnites and Pampers makes some too but I can't remember the specific name. I hope this helps!

LoganAndKennedy
by Member on Dec. 27, 2010 at 2:59 AM
So far the Pampers ones are the best! They aren't at every store. I get them at Target. They are called Under Jammers. My son is nearly 6 and weighs about 40 lbs, wears the small size, your daughter would too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermom77
by on May. 31, 2012 at 3:36 PM

My son is 9 and maybe just a little bigger than your son. Pull-ups just dont work at all if I dont change him during the night he will wet through them.He wears Pampers cruisers to bed every night and they mostly keep his bed and PJs dry.

LoganAndKennedy
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:28 AM
We use the under jammers too :) and my son is 7 and also about 45 lbs. Also our grocery store Kroger has an over night pull up in their store brand and it works great too and no leaks. I also don't let Logan drink after 6 or 7 pm... he still wets everynight

Quoting LoganAndKennedy:

So far the Pampers ones are the best! They aren't at every store. I get them at Target. They are called Under Jammers. My son is nearly 6 and weighs about 40 lbs, wears the small size, your daughter would too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busydizzymom
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM

My oldest daughter is in her teens and has started trying Depends but still uses Goodnites most of the time.  The Depends s/m are more "grownup" and do seem to help her without leakage.  My 11 year year old wear Goodnites and has found them to work well for her.  She even likes the pattern. The two youngest wear a cloth pullup that is waterproof.  My mother in law found them on the internet and bought several pair for them. They seem to be ok.

megan-amom
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

You might also consider washable, waterproof undies  and waterproof mattress pads  

There's a 46 pack of underjams on amazon for @$23  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN