Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chiropractor and bedwetting - my personal experience

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 10:13 AM
  • 4 Replies

THis is just a quick update on my 7 year old daughter who has had a problem with bedwetting.  I discussed with other mothers who had put their children on meds and came off at age 12 and still had bedwetting issues.  SO, I decided to take the chiropractor approach.  I don't know if you would call in coincidence or what but it did take about 3 1/2 months of 3 times a week but my daughter has been dry everynight for a month!!!  My older daughter (16) doesn't believe in chiropractors - I surely NEVER did but it seems to have helped and my 7 yr old is MUCH happier and planning lots of sleepovers!!

She is also able to run bette and walk longer distances.

So maybe it might help your child too - check it out as an alternative.

by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
redmamaof5
by on Dec. 26, 2010 at 6:12 PM

i took my son and he ended up needing muscle relaxers due to a poor chiropractor. didnt work for us obvioulsy i wish it had though. and i bet your daughter is the happiest of all!

momnj03
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2011 at 6:22 PM

I HIGHLY recommend Chiropractic care! It  has helped my son so much with bed wetting and his ADHD!

Lily187
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:45 PM

How do chiropractors help with bedwetting? Sorry to sound ignorant, but I've never heard of this before..

gaelicandgarlic
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I never heard about it before either!  AND I was not a fan of chiropractic care.   But I had met a Chiropractor at a Gymboree class and I remembered her.  It turns out we were a good fit and now the entire family goes!  I don't know how to find a good Chiropractor but if you want to send me a message and give me some idea of where you are located, I could ask her.  She is continually going to conferences and keeping up to date. 

Ok, so  basically, what our dr told us is that our spine is like the juction box for the electricity in your house, and as she gives us adjustments for the subluxations (term they use that indicates your verterbraes are not in perfect condition) and the neck - your body recharges itself and all the nerve endings start waking back up and sending the correct messages to the brain.  We started last August and it took until December - 3 times a week to get it under control but she just had her 6 month anniversary and we bought her a new mattress and a friend gave us a wicker sleigh bed.  AND she had her first sleepover during Christmas break!  She was very happy.  I learned about this at Vacation Bible School.  There are LOTS of kids who have this problem.  And from listening to them - they went the pill route and by age 12 and 13 when the took the kids off the pill - they STILL had problems.  I was not going to let that happen.

Truthfully, she helps us with everything medically related.  She looks at my blood work, and if the kids have allergies issues, she gives them these massages and she even helps me with my menstrual cycle.  It has been a great experience.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)