Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

almost 10 and still wetting

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:33 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hi moms! I am Heather and DS will be 10 in August. He is very small and immature for his age. I am a single mom and DS is very close to his dad. We divorced 2 years ago and DS has had a hard time adjusting. DS has always wet the bed and he does it every night and some nights more than once. He is a very heavy sleeper and is ADHD. Right after his dad and I split up he started having accidents during the daytime, too. He spent the week with his dad last week and came home Tuesday. Well, he has wet his pants three times this week. Each time because he was distracted doing somethingelse and didn't stop to go to the bathroom. I want to help him and I just dont know how!

by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
megan-amom
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Sending out a big hug to all moms and children dealing with nightly bedwetting. I have a child who wet the bed nightly (often several times) until he was 8 years old. At first, I just invested in a couple pair of washable, waterproof underwear- this webpage has lots to choose from in lots of different sizes even waterproof boxers. And used a waterproof sheet protector to minimize the laundry.  Also new medical studies are finding that constipation is a significant factor.  This book expains.
At the age of seven the bedwetting began to chip away at his self esteem. We solved his bed wetting by using an alarm. A child who wets at night has a sleep pattern in which the brain does not react to the full bladder signal. The alarm gradually trains the child's brain to react. He went from being wet every single night to completely dry in about 6 weeks. The bed wetting alarm  has given us years of dry nights. 
My child absolutely loved the children's book, Prince Bravery and Grace - Attack of the Wet Knights. It is the story of a young prince who struggles with "the Wet Knights" and eventually defeats them by using an alarm. It's funny yet empathetic and gave him the understanding and motivation to end the bed wetting. The best advice for parents about how to stop bedwetting I found is the book, Seven Steps to Nighttime Dryness, by Renee Mercer. Invest in the books-they make the process so much easier, then an alarm -its the best decision I ever made. www.braveryandgrace.com

DallasCowboys81
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM

If ya find something let me know. My son 12 is the same exact way. I am at a loss and he don't even car which is even more horrible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)