Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old were your kids when they stopped wetting the bed?

Posted by   + Show Post

My 12, 10, and 9 year old all still wet the bed. It's extremely frustrating because I feel they are way too old but I know that they will eventually outgrow it.  Im sure it's hereditary though because my husband wet the bed until he was 17 and his 2 younger brothers both wet the bed until they were 13 and 14.  Especially it was embarrassing for him because when his younger brothers stopped he was still wetting the bed. :( I assumed when my 7 year old got out of diapers he would be the same as his older brothers but he wasn't. How old were your kids when they stopped? or How old are they now if they are still wetting the bed? Thanks!

by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Replies (11-12):
LoganAndKennedy
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM
My 7 year old son still wets every night.. tough for him because his 6 year old sister was dry night and day at 2 years old... the month she turned 2. It was so easy for her but so difficult for my son: ( I hope he grows out of his soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megan-amom
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Sending out a big hug to all moms and children dealing with nightly bedwetting. I have a child who wet the bed nightly (often several times) until he was 8 years old. At first, I just invested in a couple pair of washable, waterproof underwear- this webpage has lots to choose from in lots of different sizes even waterproof boxers. And used a waterproof sheet protector to minimize the laundry.  Also new medical studies are finding that constipation is a significant factor.  This book expains.
At the age of seven the bedwetting began to chip away at his self esteem. We solved his bed wetting by using an alarm. A child who wets at night has a sleep pattern in which the brain does not react to the full bladder signal. The alarm gradually trains the child's brain to react. He went from being wet every single night to completely dry in about 6 weeks. The bed wetting alarm  has given us years of dry nights. 
My child absolutely loved the children's book, Prince Bravery and Grace - Attack of the Wet Knights. It is the story of a young prince who struggles with "the Wet Knights" and eventually defeats them by using an alarm. It's funny yet empathetic and gave him the understanding and motivation to end the bed wetting. The best advice for parents about how to stop bedwetting I found is the book, Seven Steps to Nighttime Dryness, by Renee Mercer. Invest in the books-they make the process so much easier, then an alarm -its the best decision I ever made. www.braveryandgrace.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)