Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this group still active?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

Does anyone still check this group?  I might as well start a discussion to see.

DD is 8yo and still wets the every night.  The doctor isn't concerned yet because she's never been dry at night.  We've tried alarms (wakes up everyone else - she sleeps right through it) and waking her up to pee (eveyone just gets tired and grumpy - and half the time she still wets later anyway).

We currently use diapers.  She's only about 50lbs, so pampers cruisers size 7 still fit.  We used to use goodnites, but they started leaking multiple times per week last summer.  We tried underjams, but they leak too.  She wasn't that big a fan of switching back to diapers at first, but was willing to try.  Once she realized they didn't leak she changed her mind, and now she likes them better than goodnites.  She brings me the diaper to put it on most evenings - I don't have to remind her.

We've even had sleepovers at our house.  That might deserve a separate post, but we pre-taped and marked a diaper for her to put on in the bathroom.  I distracted her friend while she went to have DH adjust the tapes, and then I woke her up early the next morning to clean up.  With baggy PJs and a long t-shirt that worked very well.  We're still trying to figure out how to do sleepovers at other people's houses.

Does anyone still use pull-ups or diapers, or has switched from pull-ups to diapers?  Anyone have any clever sleepover ideas?

Emma

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
zumbafreak11
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 6:37 AM
No ideas here. My 7 1/2 year old still wets 1-3 times a week. I'm so sick of it that it's not even funny. I wish I could make HER do the pee smelling laundry. Sometimes it stinks being a single mom. I'm out of ideas-I've tried it all.
eb415
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:28 PM

At 7 1/2 she should be able to put the wet sheets and PJs in the washer.  That was part of the deal when we switched to diapers - it was either that, or she was in charge of washing her sheets, or at least putting them in the washer and starting it.  She doesn't like laundry :-).

Have you tried pull-ups, goodnites, or anything like that?

Quoting zumbafreak11:

No ideas here. My 7 1/2 year old still wets 1-3 times a week. I'm so sick of it that it's not even funny. I wish I could make HER do the pee smelling laundry. Sometimes it stinks being a single mom. I'm out of ideas-I've tried it all.

megan-amom
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I remember so well how frustrating and helpless I felt to help my son stop wetting the bed. He wet every single night until he was 8 years old. He just used pull ups when he was younger. I kept a no big deal attitude. When he reached age 8 the bedwetting began to lower his self esteem. He worried that his friends would find out and he want to go to sleepovers. So I talked with him about using a bedwetting alarm and we read the book Prince Bravery and Grace-Attack of the Wet Knights. He wanted to try the alarm. I purchased the malem with alarm and vibration. He slept right through it at first -which is typical of a child who wets at night. Typically the childs brain does not recognize the full bladder signal while sleeping. The alarm trains the brain to react to the full bladder signal. So I would wake him. Sometimes several times in one night. But gradually he began to wake by himself. And in less than three months he went from wet every single night to dry every single night. I found a lot of positive information about bedwetting and alarm use at www.braveryandgrace.com
Also new medical studies have linked constipation to bedwetting, don't overlook this as a contributing factor. Ask you pediatrician to treat your child for constipation and see if this helps. If not, I would strongly recommend the bedwetting alarm. 
Good luck and God Bless! 

Also, I found the books, alarms and waterproof mattress pads at this webstore: 
http://astore.amazon.com/bravandgrac-20?...
hope it helps!

tiredmommyof03
by New Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Hi i was wondeing the same thing if this is still active.  We have 3 kids with two bedwetting and one that is having some daytime issues.  Hopefully it is still active.  We can use all the help we can get.

Jen

jthom7370@yahoo.com

eb415
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Wow - 3 kids with wetting issues sounds rought.  How old are they?  And do they wear goodnites/pull-ups/diapers, or do you just deal with laundry?

Emma

Quoting tiredmommyof03:

Hi i was wondeing the same thing if this is still active.  We have 3 kids with two bedwetting and one that is having some daytime issues.  Hopefully it is still active.  We can use all the help we can get.

Jen

jthom7370@yahoo.com

tiredmommyof03
by New Member on May. 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Just two of my kids have issues.  Sorry I wasnt clear with my previous message.  I meant to say that two of the three has bedwetting issues and one of those two had a daytime issue now as well.  That didn't come out right earlier.  I have them in pullups for bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN