Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diapers?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM
  • 11 Replies

Does anyone use diapers for their kids at night? Mine are only 3 and 4 and we arn't too woried yet about their bedwetting. We know they'll outgrow it soon enough, mine are very deep sleepers. When we tried out the pull-ups we had some leaks and we found that the pampers cruisers worked better. I'm not ready yet to invest in the goodnites since they are so expensive and pampers still fit them fine. Has anyone else decided to just stick with diapers rather than pull-ups or goodnites for the time being?

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GlitterMEpInk
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Yes, My daughter uses diapers @ night! She will be 3 in November.. Everytime I put Potty pants on her @ night .. She always wakes up in a puddle of pee.. ewww..lol

quietside
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:19 PM

We still use diapers at night on our 4 yo.  I don't see the need to spend the extra money when he's not ready for night time training.

Aurorasmom
by on Jul. 6, 2009 at 1:34 AM

no we dont use diapers and have only had a problem once with the pull ups leaking.  she leaked outta diapers waaay more.  and we were told that using a diaper can be confusing and almost "make" them regress because they feel like its their comfort thing and its ok to go in them because they used to?  i dont know if im explaining that well lol

charliemom2004
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Hey all,

We use diapers with our 6 yr old DD, pull ups are just plain useless because they leak with heavy wetters (guess what, she qualifies!).  Ok, I've been slapped around on some boards with they "diapers are for babies" or "diapers are confusing," but, in the end, you do what you think best and what keeps the bed dry in the morning.

Just because you choose to use diapers does not mean they have to be demeaning or embarassing. Just go with what works!

Mamitamaria
by Member on Aug. 14, 2009 at 5:33 PM

We still use diapers with my youngest two (5 and 6 although the 6 year old is about to outgrow them ...We will have to use pull-ups then :-(    Pullups leak a lot and are expensive. All 4 of my dd's stayed in diapers at night until they outgrew them. Only my oldest has stopped wetting (and only in the last year).

Maria--wife to Marc since 22 Dec 2003.  Mom to Isabel 10 Feb 96; Joanne 15 Jun 98; Marina 30 Nov 02; and Luisa 9 Jan 2004.

Owner-Pregnant Brides  Were you pregnant when you tied the knot? Come share your experiences. Will you be pregnant when you get married? Come learn from our stories.

BaezBoyz
by Member on Sep. 15, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I used to put diapers to bed on my almost 4yo [in Nov], but lately I've been putting him in underwear.. he wakes up wet sometimes but I refuse to buy diapers anymore. He knows diapers are for babies, and he doesn't like wearing them... But IDK how I can get him to wake up dry, ALL the time.

grace2joy
by on Sep. 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM

My almost 3 year old still wears diapers at night, she doesn't have the potty training figured out yet.  When my now 4 year old was 3 and potty trained she liked the pull ups at night.

piccymama
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2009 at 11:56 AM

At 5, my son is too tall for diapers. However, daytime/regular training pants don't ever cut it for him. Overnight pullups worked till he outgrew them. They don't seem to have size 5-6T. We switched to Goodnights, which are much thicker. He likes the more "big boy" look of them, but it was not a perfect fit the first few months. The small size is 38-65 pounds, so they gapped for a while. Once he topped 40 pounds, they started working pretty well. 

Hoping he outgrows this soon. I haven't thought that much about it because, in a way, it seemed pointless. He is soaking wet 5 -6 nights a week, and always has been, by the middle of the night. When he sleeps, he sleeps so soundly that I have occasionally been able to carry him to the car, strap him into his seat, go pick up his big sister, unstrap and take him back to bed and have him wake up later to ask, "How'd did May get home?"

jgl3g
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 6:13 PM

We do not use diapers. My 7 yr old still has accidents occasionally and my 4 year old if I cut her off early enough she is fine. My two year old greatfully haas been waking up dry since she is a year and off the bottle so I really have no night time accidents with her. Now when the youngest was still in diapers and my middle and oldest were still heavy wetters if yes because it was cost effective. When My youngest transisioned to pull ups then they wore pull us. Now we use nothing.

busykids
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 6:28 PM

My son just turned four, and we still use pull ups at night

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)