Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Relocating to Utah

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:34 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 577 Total Views
2 moms liked this
We're looking at moving to the Salt Lake City/ Draper area. I've been doing some research and opinions vary from "my kids are ostracized" to "it's a minor inconvenience but everyone's really friendly". I'm looking for any comments or advice you may have. We have a three year old and we want to know what we are getting into. We heard it matters the specific area that you live. Any advice? We'd like to live someplace where we can have coffee in the morning, wine at night, without getting the stink eye! ;)
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
linda_v02
by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I moved here a year ago still don't have friends to speak of....my child is 12. He comes home asking about mormons, what are LDS, etc... I sit down and teach him our faith and point out the differences and defend why we believe our way. The people are very stand offish even in the workplace it makes me feel uncomfortable, but I will  not change my allegiances to have friends. Some of them are very nice and will acknowlege that you exist but it usually stops there. Aside from that though it's a nice place to live, sundays are great for food shopping, laundry and other things that are open. It is quiet, crime free and I plan to possibly move somewhere else once my child grows up. soon.

Stacey.0121
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Well, good luck with finding a place like that in Utah.  Maybe the Sugarhouse area?  My inlaws live in Draper and they said all the kids really had a hard time making friends because they were not lds. 

loveand1
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:56 PM

BUMP!

_laceyplus2
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Sugarhouse is probably the least judmental area IMO. I love it up there and if I stay in Utah will eventually move my way up there. SLC area is less judgmental than Utah County and the further South you get the worse it is. 

impostagothkat
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I am planning on moving to UT as well. We are looking at Spanish Fork area. I fell in love with it there because there is a Krishna temple. I would assue with a crazy eastern religious temple in the town people would be more laid back or at least more accepting. Let me know if I'm wrong. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)