Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would love some new girlfriends!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:46 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 566 Total Views
I've lived in Utah County now for 3 years, and even though I'm LDS ( not active) and like to drink wine on occasion, it's so hard to find friends. I have an 18 month old son who needs play dates and make new friends too. I feel uncomfortable around the other moms in my neighborhood. I'm SO not apart of their group! I'm extremely nice to them, but because I don't go to church I don't get invited to hang out, play dates etc...
I'm 30 years old, and would love to find even just one awesome girl who is open-minded and loves to have fun, to hang out with...
I think even doing group activities with our little ones who be so fun!
Please if there is anyone who would like to get together, talk, shop, eat, whatever, let me know!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mumof2boys03
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Hi there! I'm Teisha and I'm a 27 yr old SAHM to a 5 yr old, 7 month old and one on the way! All boys! I am always looking for friends! I open to doing anything! I live in Spanish Fork but I can travel and you are always welcome here! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

chrissylibert
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Hi! I live in Eagle Mtn and have an almost 8 yr old boy, 5 yr old girl, and a 16mo old boy. My little guy really needs some social interaction. We moved here 2 years ago from Pennsylvania. I have met a couple of great friends on this site and would like to meet some new people.
Theaterchick
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi I'm Nicole. I'm a full time student and mom and Im in the orem area. I have a set of 15 month old twins and a baby due in april. I have lived here for 3 almost 4 years and yet haven't made a true friend.
summerdaze123
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Hi,

I live in Utah County as well (American Fork). I've been here for almost 3 years, but I'm from California. It has taken some getting used to to adjust to Utah. I have a 14 month old son. I would love to meet up with some girls and get to know some more people.

eating, shopping, talking sounds great to me:)

Kimberly

So, I'm new to cafemom. Do people actually meet up in person or just talk online? This kinda feels like cyberdating but with girls, lol. Anyway, if you hear of or organize any meet ups, let me know!!

_laceyplus2
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:09 AM
I'm 25 and have a 7 year old and 3 year old, both boys and one on the way (hoping girl!). I love in American Fork as well. I work during the day (single mama) and go to school full time, so I'm pretty busy, but looking for more friends in the area as well. My best friend is on here too, Chelseadawn08, and we hang out all the time, but were always looking for friends. If anyone is interested and I'd love EVERYONE to come, I'm launching my new It Works Wraps on the 2nd @3! I think it would be a great, open setting to meet everyone :)
Being such a busy mom I don't have time to meet people besides work, and most of them are very very LDS. I don't feel like I fit in with them, even though I've lived in Utah my entire life.
Ashlalane
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Okay, this is happening! I already feel like you girls are a breath of fresh air! Lacey, I would love to check out the wraps! I'm not on Facebook, but I am on Pinterest under Ashley Deegan. I think we ALL should get together!
Thoughts?
sarah764
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Hey- lived in Utah going on two years now. I have the same issues because Im not LDS. Im finding it very hard to like this state because of how people are when you are not LDS.

Ashlalane
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:19 PM

That sucks Sarah! I get it though... Where do you live? How many kids?

_laceyplus2
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I get it completely! They treat you differently (but if they KNEW their own religion they'd know that's NOT what they're supposed to be doing). 

hollster8
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't been on this site in forever and I'm so glad I saw this post! I'm in orem, have a 19 month old daughter, and I'm former lds. We need to meet up for lunch or something. I have zero friends. All mine moved away!

I've met up with a few girls from the here before, but I agree it feels like match.com for moms lol.

Would anyone be interested if I arranged a lunch date? Probably somewhere with a play place ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)