Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Left the church, now what?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 344 Total Views

Hello! I live in Lehi and have 3 kids age 7, 5,and 3. We left the church about 6 months ago and it is all starting to catch up to the members of our ward. Ugh... I actually like these people. I feel bad because I don’t want to talk to them because I know they will ask me why I’m not coming to church anymore and if I’m offended by somebody. No, I’m not offended, it’s none of their business that I’m not going to church, and I don’t plan on it in the near future. Whew! I just had to vent a little bit.

I guess I just need some people to be around me that understand that I’m not bad because I don’t go to church and people who will talk to me without asking me to go to church.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Theaterchick
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello I'm Nicole and a mother to a set of 15 month old twins and expecting a baby in April. I don't go to church but feel I don't need to. I understand how u feel even tho I have never been lds. My sil goes to a Christian church and makes me feel like I'm bad for not attending anymore. Anyways I'm always looking for new friends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
_laceyplus2
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I understand. Although my family was never really active growing up, I was still raised in Utah Mormon culture. I've come to the acceptance that I am a great person, infact, probably better than most of those who do go to church. Utah has this self-righteous, better than thou, complex... which is completely opposit of what they are supposed to be believe in.. and I'm not saying it's everyone, but most, sadly. My children have never been to church and my almost 8 year old has no idea what being baptized is. I'm teaching them right from wrong and spirituality without religion. It works for us and who's to say otherwise?

17bear01
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Thank you for your replies. I was thinking of going to the playdate on Friday the 8th that is posted in this Forum. Come join and we can meet and let the kids play!

hollster8
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM

We'd love to see you at the playdate!  I'm actually former LDS, too, so I can related to a lot of your concerns and struggles.  Good luck, and we'll hopefully see you Friday!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)