Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New minivan for the new baby?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:40 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 139 Total Views

I'll soon have 3 in car seats, two will be rearfacing.  We were planning to get a minivan, but now I don't really want to.  I've found some carseats that are thinner, which make 3 across doable in a small car, (I drive a ford focus). 

IDK, I think I'd just like to keep my car, it's almost paid off, and it's in very good condition.  I think I'd rather wait until #4 is on the way. lol

So, is anyone else not getting a new van for the new baby?

And if so, who would you put in the middle?  the baby, or the oldest (forward facing)?  Seems like the oldest would like that spot more, but it may be hard to climb over to.  Also, I'm worried that having the baby behind DH's seat will make him have to sit too far forward and thus, complain.  I'm really short so I already sit far forward.

Also, does anyone have the radian car seat, or the cosco convertable seat?  the radian is $189, but harnesses to 65lbs, the cosco is only like  $60, but only holds up to 40 lbs.  I'm going to have to buy 2, and maybe 3 new car seats to make this work.  I can afford the expensive ones right now, but eekk that's a lot of money.  I'm just not sure if I trust the really cheap ones.  Obviously I want the best for my kids, I'm sure we all do, but dang.  also, i think it's a pretty good perk that the radian goes to 65lbs.  I guess I'm just looking for  some opinions. 

proud SAHM to Lou (08/06), and Sy (03/08).  Expecting Baby boy Nov 09.  Breastfeeding, cloth diapering, cosleeping, non-circing, homebirthing momma.

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)