Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you heard of this?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:28 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 389 Total Views
My son had post urethra valve block while I was pregnant with him. Because of this his bladder and kidneys dialated with fluid. There wasnt alot of fluid around him so his lungs didnt develope fully so to save his life they did an emergency c-section and put him on a ventilator. His lungs were blown apart as a result of this and now he has chronic lung disease. It would be nice to talk to someone with a similar story.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
momof52005
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2007 at 10:48 PM
Mine isnt the same but mikayla was born at 26 weeks and also has bpd , Hope this is kinda what you are looking for.

Melissa
shellykayd
by New Member on Aug. 12, 2007 at 11:40 PM
My son also had posterior urethral valves.  He had no fluid and his kidneys and bladder were severely damaged while I was still pregnant with him.

They told us he would be stillborn or die right after birth, but thankfully he was a fighter.  He was born at 35 weeks and was put on a vent, but only needed it for about 4 hours.  He did have kidney failure though.

His lungs were not totally normal, but thankfully they have been fine since then.

I'm so sorry to hear that his lungs were damaged more by the vent.  How are his kidneys?

Shelly
GreatToyMom
by on Oct. 27, 2007 at 6:04 PM
Hi, Ladies -- my son, 2 years old not was born with Prune Belly Syndrome (or Eagle Barett's Syndrome).  His bladder didn't empty in utero up until about 26 weeks. We were told to not expect him to survive.  A long story short (that can be found on his CaringBridge site) we had an intercession by the Blessed Mary and a Miracle happened -- his bladder spontaneously emptied and continued to circulate fluid up until about 31 weeks.  Then the fluid decreased and I was hospitalized for fetal monitoring for 5 weeks!

His lungs were able to recoup in utero, but he was born with two damaged kidneys and received 10 hours of dialysis each night at home.  His Prune Belly Syndrome basically is because his tummy muscles weren't able to form because of the distended bladder so his tummy dosen't have that musculature support.  He's had physical therapy and has learned to to do some things a little different.

Other PBS kids have lung issues.  I know of several who have a trach and have been on O2 all of their little lives.  One of them recently turned 3 yrs and was able to say bye-bye to his trach!  But, when he gets sick he's back on O2 for a while.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)