Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously?! Could anything else happen?!

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:56 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 416 Total Views

Every freaking time the DH is deployed or training something major happens and this time it was a little more than I had ever anticipated! I had thought our LO had acid reflux so I went to the dr and told him about his projectile vomiting and constant crying which he just kept saying some babies just do that it's normal....ok shooting vomit 3 ft after almost every meal is NOT normal!!!! Sry TMI. So I went to get a 2nd opinion a few days later, low and behold there was something wrong. That dr had me take my son to get an U/S and Xrays of his abdomen turns out he had pyloric stenosis and required surgery. He's only 5 wks old!!! so that definately came as a shock. We were told it would be nxt week but the surgeon looked at the results and called me telling me to bring him in now. Got little man together threw a bag together for myself and we were off. The hospital had to have him on fluids for 7 hrs before he was even stable enough for surgery...his body couldn't absorb anything because of this condition. He finally had surgery at 7:40 friday night was out around 9 the dr said the muscle around his stomach they had to remove was 5X's it's size. Of course my DH was out on mission when the Red Cross message finally got threw so he had no idea til yesterday morning. He'll be home in about a week for R&R so I'm glad we got this all figured out so he can actually enjoy his first time meeting his son. Sorry so long no real way to shorten it. thanks for reading.

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
huntersmyangel
by Group Owner on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:15 AM

omg my daughter does the same damn thing and told me that nothing was wrong and it must be my fault she losing weight and shit .. he like u got to be doing something different ..i hate my doc lol..i am like no i am not ...she been throwing up with every formula after she eats and he like its acid reflex to so he put her on meds and this formula like soy but its not she still splits up not as bad..so he is sending her to a gi doc ..so i hope nothings to much wrong..she was over 10 pounds now she is 8 pounds and my daughter is almost 4 months.. i am sorry bout your baby

1st_Cav_Wife
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Sounds like the exact same thing! He was switched to soy and it did no good at all, he just got worse and worse.Wow she's 4 months and only 8 lbs I would slap the crap out of your dr that is ridiculous that he's not concerened. Is she constipated too? that's another sign which my dr said was just because he switched formulas. By the time his surgery got here he had lost 10 oz in 3 days!!! I hate some drs if it weren't for the moms being persistent some would go with the easiest diagnoses. If that is what she has the procedure is only like 20 min. still nerve racking but at least it's quick. And fixable unlike acid reflux. I hope they figure out what is wrong with you LO SOON!!!

Quoting huntersmyangel:

omg my daughter does the same damn thing and told me that nothing was wrong and it must be my fault she losing weight and shit .. he like u got to be doing something different ..i hate my doc lol..i am like no i am not ...she been throwing up with every formula after she eats and he like its acid reflex to so he put her on meds and this formula like soy but its not she still splits up not as bad..so he is sending her to a gi doc ..so i hope nothings to much wrong..she was over 10 pounds now she is 8 pounds and my daughter is almost 4 months.. i am sorry bout your baby

mblucky
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:29 AM
OMG i can't believe that had to happen, im sorry to hear that, how is he doing now?? I hope he feels better and Have fun with your hubs when he gets home, at least it went well with the surgery too.. keep me in formed.. ttys
mblucky
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:30 AM
Girl i would say get a second opinion lol for sure.. let me know what happens too.. but defiantly get another opinion

Quoting huntersmyangel:

sarahissuper
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 10:52 AM

its a good thing you went and got that 2nd opinion! i'm really sorry you had to go through that all on your own though, hang in there!

1st_Cav_Wife
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:40 PM

He's doing pretty good he's not numb anymore so he can feel it but baby tylenol is amazing! lol The dr said he should be back to normal in about a week so it'll be just in time!!! Thanks

Quoting mblucky:

OMG i can't believe that had to happen, im sorry to hear that, how is he doing now?? I hope he feels better and Have fun with your hubs when he gets home, at least it went well with the surgery too.. keep me in formed.. ttys

dawnmgregg
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I am glad to hear that he is doing ok...I give you a big kuddos having to deal with all of that alone...I would have been freaking out...I am glad that your hubby will be home soon also...enjoy your time w/him.

huntersmyangel
by Group Owner on Jun. 21, 2009 at 11:30 PM

thanks yeah i am going to go get a second opintin ..it worries me so much since hubby is gone and i am the only one around...that ass doctor  wanted me to give her this meds that may make her joints lock up so i am to scared to do that... she is still spliting up so i hope they find something to help her soon...

1st_Cav_Wife
by on Jun. 25, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Apparently more can happen!!! He's still crying 12-14 hrs a day pretty much non stop so I'm taking him BACK to the dr tomorrow. I've done some research again online and it sounds like he has a formula allergy. He's been on normal formula and on soy neither have made a difference. He's cried so much he's lost his voice he doesn't even get that loud anymore it breaks my heart he sounds horrible!

huntersmyangel
by Group Owner on Jun. 25, 2009 at 11:43 PM

wynter goes back tomorrow to the doctor to see if she grew any since the last appointment . dont think she did at all..she still crys all the time .and been on every kind of formula and she is still spliting it up..i feel so bad for her.. this has to stop.. the doctors better do something soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)