Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why can't they just be happy?!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:10 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 235 Total Views

So I am on a housing list to get on-post housing for next year. My husband is deployed and we figured since we have the time why not wait and get the brand new housing on post. Well from the looks of it depending how quick the list moves.. it will be anytime after Feb and he comes back in the summer. I am so excited. I know Im moving across the country and will miss my family, but I am super stoked to start my own life with my husband and son and not have my mother and sister up my rear all the time.

So I post my progree of our housing list on facebook and this was their response to it and it just upsets me that they cannot be happy for me!

Its upsetting like I don't have enough to deal with right now.
Anyone else deal with this?!

Jenna Yay Moved to 169. Cannot wait to move to Washington!!! Dealing with a cranky baby for some reason and cleaning. Waiting for his call =/. LOVING AND MISSING MY HUSBAND SO MUCH♥ ♥ ♥ !!
Yesterday at 6:28pm · ·

Ashley Kuttler Morgan
Sister
I'm so glad you can't wait to get away from us! lol
Yesterday at 8:08pm · Delete
Lisa Donathan
Mom
yeah really. do you get the reality of that?
about an hour ago · Delete

army    come home

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mblucky
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Wow sorry their being like that girl if you need to talk im here...

marinewife54
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 10:54 PM

im dealing with the same thing..we live with my mother now while my husband is here on recruiting duty..my husband and i always talk about how we cant wait to get back to a real base so we can see each other more than 3 hours a day (he leaves anywhere between 430 am-730 am and comes home between 930 pm- 12 am 6 days a week) and my mother keeps telling me how she doesnt want to hear about it and it aggrivates her that we want to leave so bad..we dont mean anything against her we just want to get back to a life where we can be together as a family and enjoy spending our own time together..

hope your fam comes around and starts to share your excitement!

marineangel8
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:20 PM

my sister was the same way when I moved from cali to delaware. no one was happy when I got married and found out I was pregnant. During my pregnancy my husband was deployed and all my sister would do was try to get my hubby and I to fight, by "trying" to help our situation. I didn't see it then cause she was my sister, but I saw it after I left. As a result I haven't talked to my sister in 8 months, but I'm happy with my life and the decision I made cause they were for me and my family. They are just being selfish, but you have every right to be excited to start your life! 

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)