Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi From New England

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 263 Total Views

My name is Mary and we are currently stationed at Hanscom AFB in MA, but we just got orders to San Antonio TX. We move next year after the kids get out of school. Hubby is going to Korea for a year soon, and will meet up with me and the kids in San Antonio after he returns.

we are towards the end of our military life, my DH has been in for 23 yrs now, and he is due to retire by dec. 2011. We thought we were all done PCS-ing but the Air Force just threw that curve ball out there at us.... what else is new. We are living in the house I grew up in, we totally renovated it and are settled. Now we have to pack up and leave.... again !

oh well...

I look forward to "meeting" you and reading all of the posts here!

Mary H

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ArmyWifeMom5
by Group Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Welcome to the group!!  I posted in another one of your posts, but I am going to post it here also.  We were stationed at Fort Sam recently.  I saw that you said that you had been stationed in San Antonio before but are going to be going to a different base.  Which one are you going to?  Randolph or Lackland?  We use to live up near Randolph because we didnt live on post.  If you have any questions...let me know.  :)

mnms0802
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Thanks for your post! We have been stationed at Lackland in the past, this time it will be Randolph. I am familiar with the northwest side of SA but not the NE side. So I feel out of the loop here.  I was told that there's a 3 to 36 month wait for housing. What else is new??! And with a special needs child, I remember how I had to fight to get his needs met at school down there. So I have to lace up my gloves... lol

I told Hubby that everyone we know is on the other side of town, he told me he did not mind commuting if we wanted to move back to the area we knew so well.

I am so excited for Sonic and Bill Millers sweet tea again!!!!! lol

we just got our 1st Sonic here in MA this week. Its about an hour away from me though :0(

I just like their slushes. I don't care about the food!!!!!!  lol

We have been to BAMC several times for our son. A really nice hospital ! How long have you been there?

Thanks -

Mary H :0)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)