Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meeting the parents

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:10 AM
  • 10 Replies

Do you meet the parents before you allow your teen go to their house or spend the night?

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aunt_shel
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Yes. I like to know who my child is with. 

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:12 PM

ALWAYS. I need to know that they will be home and act responsible. Esp if my sons are spending the night.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

diane-b
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Me too!!!! My DD friends come here and the parents NEVER come in to meet us..

lighthousema24
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 7:08 AM

Definitely yes. If at all possible I try to meet them even if the teen is coming here for the first time. It's nice to know we're all on the same page of guidelines and stuff.  Of course, coming from a small rural farming community this wasn't much of an issue (everyone knows everyone else) until this year when my son started BOCES and now has friends from all across the county!

MAMA 2 A TEEN DADDY!

lighthousema24 ~ Resident Group Owner

chuggin_along
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Its never really been an issue.  We live in a small city of 15,000.  So, we know just about everybody.  (because of dh's job)  But, if we don't know them and the boys will be spending the night, I would like to meet the parents.  But its never been an issue, as of yet.

Wyndi
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:47 AM

funny you made this post. Just a few weeks ago My Daughter and her Friend wanted to walk around town on Halloween and both the friends parents and I said only if we meet the others parents.

Its so nice to know that there are other parents out there that want to know the Who, What, When and Where.

Formernavybrat, former navywife, And Future navyMom.

table4six
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:01 AM

We try to!  It's always good to know where your kids are and who they are with! 

2protectivemom
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Absolutely !!!!!  My 14 year old dd got mad at me a few weeks ago because I wouldn't let her go home with a friend and spend the night.  I have no idea what type of people they are, where they live or anything about them other than their names.  She should have known not to even ask !

annie2244
by on Nov. 27, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Ditto the absolutely from me. I drive her there and spend a bit of time at the door talking to the mom if she is going there to hang out for a bit. My DD also knows that we don't do an overnight at the house of a family we don't know well yet - she can invite the girl to our house for the overnight instead, so we can get to know her first, and get a sense of her family through interactions with them.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 29, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Quoting aunt_shel:

Yes. I like to know who my child is with. 

Hottmomma607

http://www.cafemom/group/tacomagossip.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)