Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

13 year old girls and mood swings is this normal !!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:08 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello, I have a wonderful and smart 13 year old daughter, but sometimes she leaves me speechless!!! She is happy one moment and then crying the next!!! Last night she was hysterically about wanting to quit her dance class because it is getting boring and she can not express herself through her dance and her father and I explained to her that any school I would take her to would be the same way grant it the dance school she goes to is not top notch we live in a rural area, we would need to travel about an 1 hour to get to  better school. She was a mess. Do any of your daughters get like this when something is not quite right in their life??? I have a parent teacher conference with her teachers next week and I am going to ask if they see any problems with her  ?? I wiscornucopiah they would come with manuals at this age !!!!!!!!!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kimsardo
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Most every teen ager goes through the crazy emotions. It's the hormone change. With that said, in my case my parents thought I was going through the teenage crazies but it ended up I have bipolar/depression.  Not saying that's what she has but it is smart to talk to her teacher and also her doctor. 

JennyMarie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM

They drive you crazy that is for sure. My 14 yr old son goes from sweet to grouchy in 60 seconds. I agree they need manuels they can give you at birth so you can put it back and read it when they become teens.

rkoloms
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Of course it is normal. You can help temper it by making sure that she understands why she feels this way and by eliminating hormone-laden meat and dairy.

Robin in Chicago

JustGail
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:40 AM

I think it really is the age.  Right around the 11 - 13 age - depending on when they hit puberty........they just have a hard time dealing with the hormones kicking it up a notch.........mine is almost the same age .....and i swear she's been taken over by aliens lately.

flirtylingerie_2039_1041798643.gif picture by taratalnenetz

2protectivemom
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Perfectly normal !  My dd just turned 14, and we just went through her quitting pointe for about 4 months only to decide she missed it and start back in Oct.  Now she complains when class rolls around on Wed.  because pitching practice for softball started last week and it is right after school on Wed. and then she goes straight to pointe.  I just listen to her rant and rave and then give her a big hug and tell her it will be okay, and when it's time for new shoes again, then she can quit pointe again but I just bought those shoes and she's going to wear them out.  If it's not that though, it's something else, it's just hormones and gosh I have an almost 12 year old getting ready to join her in the hormonal imbalance stage.  

Be patient with her !  "This too shall pass." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN