Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Welcome to the Moms with Teens Group! Introduce yourself here...

wave

Welcome to the Moms with Teens Group!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms! 

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  If you're feeling really adventurous, start your own post.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some Moms with Teens group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Moms with Teens Group Signatures...

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me or any of our Mods a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

coffee

Please make yourself at home and enjoy!

Robin, Michelle and the Moms with Teens Group Mods 

by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 10:24 PM
Replies (4971-4980):
98mom04
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi!  Iam new here and have a 14 year old daughter. 

MrsBLB
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Welcome ladies!

Absmom999
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi!  I am new to this group!  I am 30 years old and I have three daughters that are 12, 10, and 7.  I am very grateful to be a mother, but often second guess my decisions when it comes to disciplining my children.  I had my oldest daughter when I was 17 and was a single mother for two years, but even with help it is rough!  Right now my 12 year old is rebelling and it is driving me crazy!  I am here for any advice you ladies have to offer I promise it will be used and much appreciated!

lovemyboys1997
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Hello! My name is Mary. We Just moved here a month ago. I have three boys! Now that the kids are in their new schools all day,hubby at work I'm sitting on the couch or out exploring the town. I would love to meet some moms around Twin to go to lunch with once in awhile or just walk around some stores!! I love to cook and bake,coupon,and coffee.

MamaMia516
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Hello I go by my nickname Cookie...im 43 and have three amazing kids! Im new to cafemom

nlc75
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

hi, nicole. I have a 15 year old, 7 year old and almost 3 year daughters.  Looking for help with my teenager...holding ornaments

newsight
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Hello Moms, I am a mom of 3 and living in the southwest.  My husband of 25 years is a talented man with few fears and bounaries and as a result we have moved many times in search of "I don't know what".  We have lived in Colorado, Texas, Illinois, Oregon and New Mexico.  Two of our kids did well with all that transition and adventure as my husband calls it.  My middle son is 15 and had trouble with a Junior High bullying situation in AZ 3 years ago and started to withdraw.  Two years ago we settled in New Mexico where extended family is and as we feel the boys values are established and the local environment is less shaping for them.  He is forgetfull, yet polite and exhibits signs of depression over the last 18 months.  We have learned that he has talked of suicide on facebook and now to me at home.  We took him to see a counselor that focuses on that type of situation for that age group and my son does not want to go back.  By the way, the councelor does not want to see him again if he doesn't want to be seen.  My son is now emphatic that he does not want help.  He has begun to refuse to get out of bed to go to school and my husband is ready to force him.  Over the past 6 months he has isolated himself into music and seems to always have his headphones on.  He is on the bowling team for his school and frequently has his headphones on when surrounded by kids also.  Because of our moving, our son has few friends and maintains shallow relationships that he can walk away from.  Our moving is done and two of our sons have begun to immerse themselves in friendships along with college/school.  We want our 15 year old to graduate in two years at the good school he is at and have let him know that this is where we will be.  Our youngest is an athlete and has always been part of a sports team in each city.  He adjusts quickly and is currently well adjusted. Our oldest has been diagnosed with Autism and although we had struggles with him early on, once we found a medication that helps him focus he turned the corner and he is now a successful college student and moving towards graduation in IT.   We dont consider Autism and depression as simialar and are leary of anti-depression medicines as a tool or solution but we want to gather information about the results some other parents have had.  Please share with us if you have had similar challenges as we are having with our middle son and share your results if you chose to try medications or have found anything that had a positive influence.  Thank you. 

Kerrigan357
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Moms, my name is Kareena but I go by Kerrigan357 here.  I'm a happy wife of over 16 years, and proud Mom to my 20 year old step daughter with special needs, 13 year old twin sons, and my 5 year old daughter.  I've been a CafeMom member for years and am glad to be here.  I'm Christian and am a leader at the church I belong to.  I have a lot to learn about being a Mom of teen boys and am so happy to have found this group.  

LadyG05
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi, I'm Kathy and I have a daughter that will be 13 in February. We can't get her to do anything that we say
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
northbearmom
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, my name is Jenn. I am 38 and from northern Minnesota. I have two teens. My daughter is 17 and my son is 14. Would love to chat and get advice etc. with other moms with teens.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN