Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i get my kids to help in the house ?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:56 AM
  • 4 Replies

i just had a bad weekend with the kids they just thought that their bedroom needed to be cleaned , last week they wouldn't even take out the trash , and all i heard was i forgot , or heyi have a job .i am on Strike !!!!!!!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
McClurgmama2
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:20 AM

If my dd "forgets" to help around the house then i "forget" to give her money for things she needs like going skating with her friends or to the mall what ever it is she might want.She has to do chores around the house with NO complaining to earn privleges like going places with her friends and doing extra after school things like the school musical.She has always been pretty good about it.But her bed room that can get to be a super mess if i dont stay on her about it.Matbe try a reward system or a chore chart to hang in the kitchen so its right their in front of them like on the fridge so they cant say they "forgot".Make some conciquences(sp?) and stick to them if they dont start helping out.Maybe you will forget to do their laundry and they wont have anything nice to wear to school if they cant put the dirty clothes in the laundry room or you wont buy their fav snacks if they cant help around the kitchen sothing like that.Good luck!

Angiebooboo
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:32 AM

I have tried everything and am at wits end , i never had this with my daughter when she was a teen , its my boys they are different then she was , i cant say that they are really lazy i think they just don't care .

amberdy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:56 AM

If they don't do what I tell them to do, they don't get to do things they like to do.  I will take away TV time, computer time, cell phones, etc.

MrsBLB
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:19 PM

I tell mine that the roof over there heads, food on the table, and so on is not free.  It takes a family to make a house a home.  It's a group effort.  If they do not help, stop doing some things for them.  Turning the tables sometimes is extremely effective. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)