Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What extra jobs do your teens do?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

Mine do the typical yard work and babysitting.  They want to do more, anyone have any suggestions? 

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Angiebooboo
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:12 PM

my 18 year old is a cook at big boys

my 16 year fixes anything

my 15 year old plays football , basketball , skate boarding you got it  not a thing in the house.

Christine512
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 7:29 AM

I'm signing my two teens up to volunteer for the Red Cross this summer.  It's  a great way to get them out of the house, working with others, and building their resume.

backroadsmom
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 7:53 AM

They WANT to do more? You want to trade kids? lol! My 17 yr old son works 2 jobs and is always busy making money on the side. Odd jobs, mowing grass, shoveling snow and he even drives the little old lady down the street to the beauty shop. (he, he.. that's a funny sight) My 15 yr old daughter volunteers at the hospital & takes singing lessons... But doing anything EXTRA here at home is pretty much non existent by either of them. You must be doing something right!

amberdy
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 8:17 AM

The only thing my 15 y/o does at his dad's house is mow the lawn, shovel snow in the winter and stuff like that.  He doesn't do anything to make money.  He tried to find a job at the beginning of the school year and couldn't.

MrsBLB
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Aww thanks.  I think it's great what yours do!  It is very cool that your son takes the neighbor to the beauty shop and volunteering at the hospital is awesome‚ô• 

Quoting backroadsmom:

They WANT to do more? You want to trade kids? lol! My 17 yr old son works 2 jobs and is always busy making money on the side. Odd jobs, mowing grass, shoveling snow and he even drives the little old lady down the street to the beauty shop. (he, he.. that's a funny sight) My 15 yr old daughter volunteers at the hospital & takes singing lessons... But doing anything EXTRA here at home is pretty much non existent by either of them. You must be doing something right!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)