Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cell phone - at night in bedroom

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:20 PM
  • 18 Replies

Do you take away your teenagers cell phone at night or allow them to have them in their bedroom?  My daughter is 14 and does not have internet access on her phone.  thanks!

by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofseven96
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM

All my kids except for my 10 year old have Ipod touches.  Since we have Wi-fi they can get on the internet with them.  I do let them have it in their rooms at night however if I know that they are staying up to late it is confiscated

annie2244
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:41 PM

We have tmobile parental controls, so we log on and indicate the hours she is able to make or accept calls or texts from anyone except the numbers we've indicated (parent numbers) - so she's only got that privilege from 2p-9p school days, and till midnight friday and saturday, and only if she's got no outstanding homework or chores.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 2, 2010 at 6:05 PM

At 9pm the phones are mine until morning for my hs daughters. 

Angiebooboo
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:14 PM

my 18 year old is the only one with a cell , he pays for it so its his.

MrsBLB
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:28 PM

They have their cells all the time.  They have not given me reason to take them away. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 2, 2010 at 8:39 PM

My dd has her cell phone at night.She hasn't given me a reason to have to take it from her.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 2, 2010 at 8:44 PM

When I found out how late the kids text and some kids call kids in the middle of the night and text all night long, I said the phones were mine at 9pm.  I was clueless at to how much the kids text and talked. 

Even know my 19 year old has her phone at night and she will get so mad people will wake her up at all hours.  If she isn't smart enough to turn her phone off, then its her problem.  She is 19. 

While in HS the phones were mine at 9pm on school nights. 

tnbjbeams444
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Yes she has it all the time. She has never given me a reason to take it away. She uses the alarm on it to wake up in the morning. Maybe if she gave me a reason but I believe in giving them chances and learning to grow.

crissysworld
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:36 PM

My stepson is 13 he has time limits and no phone in the bedroom at night. He was getting calls one night one around 12:30 am and about 2:45 both lasted for a half hour but claims he remembers nothing. So no calls or texting coming or going after 8:15 pm on school night and 11:15 pm on weekends and during the summer. But he can not erase any texts or numbers until we check his phone.

lizmarie1975
by on May. 3, 2010 at 6:30 AM

My son is 13 and I don't take away his phone at night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)