Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High school reunions...

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:56 PM
  • 15 Replies

have you gone?

How many have they had since you left school?

How was it to go back and see old friends?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberdy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:09 PM

I have never gone to one because I have moved so much since graduation (about 12 times), they never knew where to find me.  Hopefully, thanks to FB I will hear about this next one.  This year is our 15 year, I don't know if they are doing anything.  I would love to go and see people though.

snohomom
by on May. 25, 2010 at 1:15 AM

I did go to my 10 year. It was fun! The girls were much more grown up and most were married or getting married. Most of the guys were still single and partying! I didn't make it to the 20 year. I have reconnected with several on facebook. Pretty fun to see the change in people!

neng999
by on May. 25, 2010 at 3:47 AM

my parents are quite strict at that time...but i have time to see some of my friends...baby dust

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 25, 2010 at 6:12 AM

I went to my 10 year.

3 so far, my 20th is this year. gasp!

It was cool. A few months ago we had an impromptu reunion when a friends band played at a local place. There were about 40 of our class there (not even close to the amount that graduated) it was very cool to see everyone though.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 25, 2010 at 9:11 AM

I went to my 5, 10, 15 and 20.  I missed the 25 and the 30 which was last year.  Dh just went to his 30th last weekend.  He had a great time.  We do not live in the state we graduated from so its not like we just have to drive a short distance to the reunion. 

Wyndi
by on May. 25, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I have not gone to any of mine since the air fare and hotel in California would break the bank for the whole family. We have gone to my DH's several times since its only a 3 hour drive round trip and we can either bring the kids with us or leave them with grandparents for the day.

Redsangel
by on May. 25, 2010 at 2:34 PM

My 30th reunion is coming up next month. I still stay in touch with many of my classmates vis Facebook. My best friend lives about 2 miles from me. It will be interesting to see those that moved away and will be back for our reunion.

annie2244
by on May. 25, 2010 at 2:46 PM

I went to my 20th, but not the 30th, wasn't in the mood for that one. My little group that hung out together got together for drinks and dinner beforehand, and then went to the larger party together. My hs class was 90 girls, so everyone pretty much remembered everyone. Everyone was nice to everyone, lots of the polite cliqueyness of high school had disapeared. I had to laugh at the number of women who had a necklace with the little boy/girl charms with the birthstone of their kids. Catholic hs. Some of those necklaces were darn full of little kid charms.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 25, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I forgot to say that I just pretty much said hi to people then hung with the few friends that I knew well at the reunions.  Sadly, one of my friends died between our 20th and 25th from breast cancer.  I only saw her at reunions after I moved away from town.  The reunions were pretty much like HS.  NOW dh, he talks to EVERYONE at her his reunion and he wasn't like that in HS.  He was smart, salutatorian and and outcast because of his smarts. 

my4littlegirls
by on May. 25, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Never went to mine.  We only had a 10 yr.  I did send for the "rememberance" book but really it didn't appeal to me since most of my friends were in my hubby's year.  It will be 15 yrs next year so we will see if we have another reunion. Some people found me on FB but really I don't know why they requested me if we barely even talked in HS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)