• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teens just do not think like adults at all PIOG

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:59 AM
  • 5 Replies

My 19 year old is in massage school as most of you know.  She switched from full to part time and was told that her seminars would stop until she started back in massage classes which isn't until next year.  She got a slip that she was to attend a seminar last weekend.  She ignored it and got a demerit slip this week.  I told her to call, check and see what was up and tell them she was told (I was told also) that she didn't do any seminars until next year.  She hasn't called as of yet.  She had to work last weekend and couldn't have gone on last minute notice anyway.  I told her IF they will let her get some more seminars done to just go ahead if she knows when.  She has done 3 already and has 6 more before getting done with school.  The school mostly has adults attend, late 20's and older, but dealing with 18-19 year olds isn't the same.  No excuses, I should have told her to call but you don't even know if she would have or not.  I will have her call when she gets home from work today. 

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jabs54
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:24 PM

No, they certainly don't.  My dd lets mail sit on her desk for weeks.  She almost missed taking the test to get into college!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 26, 2010 at 3:30 PM

It's because the frontal lobe isn't fully developed until around age 25.LOL!

It is so hard to get teenagers to step up sometimes.

Angiebooboo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:34 PM

there is a certain time when they need to start doing there own work, and no they do not do things like an adult, I think us as a parent make it to easy on them, I no I do on my kids.

MrsBLB
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Yes it is. 

Quoting mumsy2three:

It's because the frontal lobe isn't fully developed until around age 25.LOL!

It is so hard to get teenagers to step up sometimes.

MrsBLB
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Oh momma, thank goodness it got done. 

Quoting jabs54:

No, they certainly don't.  My dd lets mail sit on her desk for weeks.  She almost missed taking the test to get into college!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)