Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

omg. my DD just called me.......... * updated* Bomb scare update with news link

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:22 PM
  • 20 Replies

There was a Bomb threat at school today. She just called me and said someone found a note saying they placed a bomb at school.

I'll post more as I find out when she gets home from school. I hope the school calls us parents at some point today!

the superintendents office just called (I'm shocked they actually called) all kids were dismissed straight to bus or car if driving. They have the DEA, and other police agencies there going through the building room by room with bomb sniffing dogs. the kids were sent home without any personal belongings. girls had their purses searched before being allowed to leave with them. they are supposed to call later this afternoon and let us know when our kids will be allowed back to school!

they found the note during 1st lunch. they had every student outside in the sun without water for several hours. I wish I had been called sooner because I would have went and picked up my kids.

I did call the local news station and let them know what happened.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/23684639/detail.html

Formernavybrat, former navywife, And Future navyMom.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyndi
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:30 PM

BUMP!

jabs54
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Oh brother, more bomb threats :(   We just had a kid at our school (along with other kids) shoot and kill a guy.  What a world we live in now!

Angiebooboo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM

See here they are put in lock down, I am not to sure about lock downs, These notes are scary, the last one that happened at our school was ayear ago and we did not even find out about it until the next day, they just kept it quiet until the end of the day and then they did a search , we were told it was at the end of the day so they felt it could wait for and 1/2 hour.

Wyndi
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Quoting Angiebooboo:

See here they are put in lock down, I am not to sure about lock downs, These notes are scary, the last one that happened at our school was ayear ago and we did not even find out about it until the next day, they just kept it quiet until the end of the day and then they did a search , we were told it was at the end of the day so they felt it could wait for and 1/2 hour.

Ours was found during the 1st lunch and they made the kids stand outside in 90+ temps until 2 pm when they sent the kids home on buses. they are tryingt o keep it hush hush but I called the local news channel and am waiting for the news to see if they can find out more than they want to tell us.

Rumor right now is they found 1 bomb and are looking for a second 1.

Cenedra64
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:04 PM

wow where's this at? 

Wyndi
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Quoting Cenedra64:

wow where's this at? 

Preble Shawnee High school in Camden, Ohio.

MrsBLB
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Poor kids, they should have at least brought a fire truck to hose them down from time to time and give out water!  I'm sorry this is happening.  How are the kids? 

Wyndi
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Quoting MrsBLB:

Poor kids, they should have at least brought a fire truck to hose them down from time to time and give out water!  I'm sorry this is happening.  How are the kids? 

Christine has heat exhaustion and both are extremely sun burned.

One kid did faint and was given a bottle of water while they waited for EMT's to show up.

So far they have cancelled Thursday's final exams and the kids will be taking those finals on Friday and Tuesday.

MrsBLB
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Quoting Wyndi:

Quoting MrsBLB:

Christine has heat exhaustion and both are extremely sun burned.

One kid did faint and was given a bottle of water while they waited for EMT's to show up.

So far they have cancelled Thursday's final exams and the kids will be taking those finals on Friday and Tuesday.

That's aweful!  I hope they are all feeling better soon.  With Christines recent scare, this is just not good. 

jabs54
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Oh man, there really was a bomb!?  What where they thinking making the kids sit out in the sun?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)