Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid question but I feel "safer" in this group so I'll ask here ;)

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:10 PM
  • 10 Replies

So, this wifi stuff that's all over now in restaurants etc.   Can I just bring my laptop and it will "magically" work or am I suppose to hit a button or something?  I just got a new Dell laptop but I'm kind of clueless with it.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angiebooboo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:41 PM

We take our Ipod touch everywhere, and if they have wifi in the place it picks it up right away. 

Mistii
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM

You'll have to connect your computer with thier internet.

tnbjbeams444
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:43 PM

If its wireless yes. Something will pop up and just follow directions.

MomInc
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM

yeah once your there your laptop,etc  will pick up signal and allow u online LOL i laugh because i had that ? 6 months ago.good luck!

specialwingz
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:26 PM

You will see it as a connection option on your laptop.  If you need help, employees wherever you are can help you, as a general rule, too.

MrsBLB
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:00 PM

That's cool!  I would enjoy doing that when going for coffee.  Have fun!  =) 

LeeLeeStedi
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Just make sure that your wireless button is switched to on if you have one. :) I have an older model laptop that has that switch.

amberdy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:40 PM

I got a laptop not too long ago and I was actually wondering the same thing the other day, LOL.

jabs54
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Quoting LeeLeeStedi:

Just make sure that your wireless button is switched to on if you have one. :) I have an older model laptop that has that switch.

That's what my husband said to me but I have no clue what button.  Is it in the top "F" row?  The F2 button has an icon that kind of looks like a cell tower.  Where is your switch?

bluejupalex
by on May. 27, 2010 at 1:00 PM

my switch is on the front of my machine - to the left of the touch pad, but not on top of the machine - on the front of it.  You might have to do a search thru your help feature to find it.  Every laptop I've ever had has been different. 

It's not a stupid question at all.  I had a horrible time trying to figure out how to connect to wifi the first time I took my laptop somewhere.  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)