Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh, my 19 year old is going to a hooka bar tonight

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:11 AM
  • 9 Replies

At least she told me, but I don't have to like it.  She is running with a lot of 21 year olds and older and now this, ugh.  Its just not her.  I am sure she is going because she wants to fit in with this crowd.  Many of her friends are back from college and seem too good for her now since she isn't in traditional college. 

MOM'S WITH TEENS Group MOD

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Angiebooboo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:17 AM

What is a hooka bar?

amberdy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:18 AM

I wouldn't be happy either.  Maybe she will change her mind.  And, what kind of college is she going?  What kind of friends would care about something like that?

amberdy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:20 AM

It's really popular way to smoke in the middle east.  My husband said a lot of people in Iraq smoke it.  I guess it's just tobacco in them.

Quoting Angiebooboo:

What is a hooka bar?

yolandasix
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Well you can't really tell her no your not going because she's of age. Don't you just hate that when your kid's friends change and they act like their stuff don't stink?!?

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:27 AM

A hooka is a pipe to smoke from.  NOT pot but this other crap that is legal.  You can search it.  I searched the bar to see where it was etc. 

She is going to massage school.  Here if kids got to UW Madison they think they are so great compared to kids that go to other schools like UW Milwaukee, UW, Whitewater, UW Lacrosse etc.  They think they are elite.  Yes, they are not your friends if they act that way.  Just this minute one that blew her off ask her to do something so I guess some are "fair weather" friends this summer.  I don't like that either.  I told her to so things if she wants to but don't if she doesn't want to. 

amberdy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM

19 is a tough age.  I hope things get better for her and she finds some true friends.  I went to our county college to start out when I graduated HS and I had a friend who was accepted into an Ivy League school (he is now a professor at MIT and has been for several years and he's only 33) that wouldn't leave me alone about not going to a "real" college.

Quoting atlmom2:

A hooka is a pipe to smoke from.  NOT pot but this other crap that is legal.  You can search it.  I searched the bar to see where it was etc. 

She is going to massage school.  Here if kids got to UW Madison they think they are so great compared to kids that go to other schools like UW Milwaukee, UW, Whitewater, UW Lacrosse etc.  They think they are elite.  Yes, they are not your friends if they act that way.  Just this minute one that blew her off ask her to do something so I guess some are "fair weather" friends this summer.  I don't like that either.  I told her to so things if she wants to but don't if she doesn't want to. 

MrsBLB
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I wouldn't be happy about it either.  This looks like a nice hooka though. 

Quoting amberdy:

It's really popular way to smoke in the middle east.  My husband said a lot of people in Iraq smoke it.  I guess it's just tobacco in them.

Quoting Angiebooboo:

What is a hooka bar?

amberdy
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:06 AM

They are pretty, but at the same time, they remind me of big bongs.  My husband said when he was deployed the Iraqis would offer it to him (he was the nicest to them out of the American soldiers around at that time, he used to play soccer with them and everything), but he would never do it because he said they all smoke off the same pipe and that grossed him out.  I think in Iraq they smoke tobacco in it.

Quoting MrsBLB:

Quoting amberdy:

Quoting Angiebooboo:

What is a hooka bar?

MrsBLB
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Sheesh is pretty big over there.  Not expsenive from what I understand.  They do look like bongs no doubt about that, and are probably used for that reason, if they are sturdy enough.

It's awesome to hear something good from there.  Tell your hubby thanks from our family.  Thank you too.  :)       

Quoting amberdy:

They are pretty, but at the same time, they remind me of big bongs.  My husband said when he was deployed the Iraqis would offer it to him (he was the nicest to them out of the American soldiers around at that time, he used to play soccer with them and everything), but he would never do it because he said they all smoke off the same pipe and that grossed him out.  I think in Iraq they smoke tobacco in it.

Quoting MrsBLB:

Quoting amberdy:

Quoting Angiebooboo:

What is a hooka bar?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)