Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EMERGENCY help w/ ideas please before saturday

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM
  • 10 Replies

We are giving my daughter a 8th grade graduation party because she is going in to high school.We had a D.J. that was supposed to come and do music and cool lights and all that and we were going to have a BBQ.Now he just bailed on us at the last minute and on the invited we said there was going to be a DJ!(he was doing this as a favor so we wernt paying much and cant afford to hire anyone else)So now we are scrambling to come up with somer ideas to keep the kids entertained.There will be about 17 kids boys and girls.We dont have hardly any extra money to spend so i need some cheap or home made type ideas that will be "cool" enough for teenagers.We thought of a tug or war but thats all i can come up with.It cant be messy and we thought of water baloons but we are renting a hall and dont want it getting all wet from the kids coming in and out so that doesnt work either.Please anyone with some ideas i would be so greatful for your imput right now.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberdy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:10 PM

I'm not really sure.  You could get an ipod dock and tell the kids to bring their ipods and they can play DJ.  That would probably keep them busy.  I'm not sure what else.  I'm not good at party planning.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Quoting amberdy:

I'm not really sure.  You could get an ipod dock and tell the kids to bring their ipods and they can play DJ.  That would probably keep them busy.  I'm not sure what else.  I'm not good at party planning.

I was going to suggest an ipod for music too. Is there any one that you or your kids know from school that has a band that would be willing to play?

MrsBLB
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:04 PM

How about having everyone bring some of their favorite cd's if the ipod idea won't work? 

Angiebooboo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:09 PM

You are on your own with this one, I have never given my teens a party like that.

MrsBLB
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:16 PM

How about karaoke? 

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:32 PM

that is a great idea, we did that at my daughters 13th birthday and her friends loved it.

Quoting MrsBLB:

How about karaoke? 

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:33 PM

I would check on family fun magazine's website and also i would google teen party games and things like that, right away.

Wyndi
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:58 AM

karaoke, let the kids take turns being the dj, hire some high school band members to put on a concert?

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Our school did all that.  After graduation there is a dance for the kids and a dinner for the kids and families.  It was nice.  I think they do way too much for 8th grade graduation though.  Its gotten to be as big as a hs graduation.  The kids have nothing to look forward to in HS anymore. 

My oldest was in 8th grade in another state and they didn't have a graduation.  They have an awards morning and then they had an 8th grade dance for the kids.  That was enough. 

Just play an ipod on an ipod speaker on shuffle or a playlist.  Kids don't care. 

my4littlegirls
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:05 AM

My dd's 8th grade graduation is tuesday.  They have a dance later on that night.  We are having a small party next sunday.  I'm hoping its nice so it will be in the yard and hopefully the neighbor will finally have his pool cleaned out so the teens can go a play in the pool (with adult supervision)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)