Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You/Kids Collect Anything?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM
  • 10 Replies

Do you have any collections?  Do you collect things now or if not, did you when you were younger?

What about your kids... do they collect anything?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheri305
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Omg,yes,I collect my books,lol. I literally have so many,that I can open a small library.The kids to.

Wyndi
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I collect polar bears and coke. my DD collected dolphins and porcelain dolls. my DS collected rocks

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:09 PM

angel mini I had collected angel ornaments for my christmas tree for a long long time... i had white lights and white pearls for garland and crocheted snowflakes a  few bows scattered but all the rest were a magnitude of angels...

they all had to be wearing white but my favorite angels were of diverse ethnicites... the white angels were  easy to find so i especially cherished my native american, african american, eskimo, hispanic, asian and other angels.

we were simplifying our lives last year by giving away everything we dont absolutely love or truly reguliarly enjoy and donating it to charity and ON ACCIDENT my box of angels got mixed up with the donation boxes and we didnt realize it until this past christmas when all the ornaments were long gone. GASP...

sighhhhh. i sure hope someone out there loves them as much i did. my mom had collected them for her tree too and had given me all of hers so hers are gone too.

rocking horse now i am going to start a brand new collection to totally redo my tree over the years with future yet to be conceived grandkids in mind... i want to start collecting ornaments that play music or move or light up or look like toys and candy so that our tree will be very extra exciting for them someday... they are all just so expensive though, ouch. its going to take time that is for sure.  i am going to switch to candy garland too.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Beanie babies.  They need to get rid of most of them.  They have hundreds. 

I college cat figurines.  I have them in a curio by my front door.  I have about 300. 

.Holly.
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM

I guess it's a collection, but never really looked at it like that. More of just a taste in decor (old world, imports)...I have many imports from different parts of the world. Handcrafted wood pieces, vases, masks, ikats etc. throughout my house.  A few of my favorites are an old antique wine cabinet and my 6' hand-carved wood screens. 

Oh I love bamboo plants and have many of them throughout the house as well, so I guess that's considered a small collection. lol

My son use to play YuGiOh when he was little and he has a TON of those cards in folders that he's going to hold on too.  Also he has a collection of basketball cards. 

With all the skateboards he goes through, I'd say he has a collection of those too. Because I buy so many.  If they didn't get broke (which many have) he keeps the scuffed up boards when replacing the wheels on a new board.  lol

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:01 PM

My 23 yr old  son jesse collects swords. He plans on being on the road for a few years though so he hung them on his little brothers wall yesterday for safe keeping until he returns.

When my 21 yr old daughter was in high school she use to collect sassy funny pins from Hot Topic, but she doesnt anymore.

My 18 yr old daughter Michae'la collects Cosmopolitan magazines and cute clothes and photographs she takes.

My 16 1/2 yr old daughter Amanda collects photos that she has taken and sometimes even photos other people took.  She is also saving up poems she wrote.

Almost 15 yr old son Elijah collects speakers (  I have no idea why he wants so many in his room lol he is only allowed to keep it at a certain volume anyway. must be a guy thing as his friends are impressed regardless haha) He also collects bmx bike parts bc he is always improving his own bikes as well as repairing everyone elses and he has a big collection of video game systems, from atari all the way up to the most modern stuff.

babygirl66610
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:05 PM

I like to collect tigers and roses. Those are my favorite things. They are so uniqe in every way.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:07 PM

does your teen collect anything or use to or no?

Quoting babygirl66610:

I like to collect tigers and roses. Those are my favorite things. They are so uniqe in every way.

jazgrl
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Me - Unicorns and books, lots and lots and lots of books

Older son Nick - penguins, pokemon cards & nintendo games (I think he probably has almost all the games created to date), baseball cards, interesting bottles - old soda bottles, interesting wine bottles, etc and books

Little guy Gabe - not sure yet, looks to be leaning toward elephants and giraffes, anything Disney/Pixar and again with the books

Hubby - model cars, the older impalas are his favs but likes anything before 1972 - mostly Chevys.  Absolutely NOT books sticking out tongue

loopycare
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:29 PM

I love books, but as my dh won't put up bookshelves, I have bought a sony e-reader and can collect my books there.  I also love miniture hand thrown ceramic vases.  I used to throw pottery, but can't anymore due to my fibromyalgia and my finances, so whenever I find a good quality hand thrown miniture vase, I buy it.  My ds collects nutcrackers and Harry Potter Wands.  My dd likes rocks and will still buy a beanie baby if it's cute enough.  DH collects change.:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)