Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would You/Kids Be Organ Donors?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:48 AM
  • 46 Replies

doctorAre you registered to be an organ donor in the event of a tragedy?

What about if heaven forbid, something happened where you lost one of your kids, would you donate their organs or no?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheri305
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Im registered,but noone else in my family is.And yes,I would donate their organs.

lostandfound34
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:02 PM

not any more between past and current health problems my orgasns are screwed. If one of my kids died I would donate theirs

wallmom1
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Yes to both.  If it was my kid in need I would hope that other moms wouldhelp us.

Wyndi
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:09 PM

yes I am. Yes I would donate my kids organs.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:32 PM

giving heart Me, my husband, my 21 yr old daughter and my 18 yr old daughter and her 19 yr old boyfriend all have stickers on our drivers license or state id cards to donate all organs possible in the event of our deaths.

For the other kids who dont have those cards yet, yes we would want to donate all organs possible too. it would be a comforting thought in our agony, one or hopefully more than one family could have their miracle of life and they would live on in others and their death would not feel in vain at least.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:19 PM

My hubby and I are both registered. It is listed on our drivers licenses. My dd said yes to organ donation when she passed her permit exam. When she passes her drivers exam it will appear on her license too. If something happened to my sons I would donate their organs.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I would and both my girls are organ donors on their license's.  Dh, no way, never ever ever would he donate. 

MrsBLB
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:58 AM

Yes, yes, and yes.   

Muzikmom2
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:36 AM

No.

Muzikmom2 

bluejupalex
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:55 AM

YES!  It's important to communicate your desires with your family, though.  It isn't enough to sign a donor card; the organ procurement people won't override your family's wishes if they choose not to donate - even if you've already signed the card.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)