Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Name 1 or some

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

mistake(s) you made growing up,that you wouldnt want your kids to do?I wish for all of them to go to college immediately after high school.So far I have 1 down and 3 more to go,lol. And for my girls,to not get involved with the wrong type guys like I did in my early adult life before marriage.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:14 PM

oh heavens, i'd need to write a novel..

i was in foster homes and a girls group home.

i would never want them to leave home at 15

or be homeless like i was.

i would never want them to SETTLE on or with someone less than their personal best or that they dont love or for any reasons other than that person is good for them and they are in love with them.

i would never want them to have babies just so they can have someone in the world to love.

i would never want them to get drunk or to try drugs or to smoke cigarettes

i would never want them to use sex to fill an endless emptiness inside

i would never want them to constantly be self critical and try to be perfect all the time or feel that how they look has anything to do with their worth as a person.

i would never want them to model

i would never want them to run away.

i would never want them to stay in a relationship or marriage where they are miserable bc they feel trapped or any other reason

i would want them to make sure even if they choose to be a stay at home mom that they have some type of employability skills and career safety net JUST IN CASE they ever wish to use it out of necessity or desire. NOT to be totally dependent on someone else.

i would never want them to live in a certain way just because i raised them that way or bc main society tells them that is what they should do.. i want them to think and live for themselves and follow their own hearts and consciences and aspirations. i want them to be happy.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:16 PM

wow i didnt expect this to affect me the way it did.. this question/answer made me tear up. lol i am such a baby. lol

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I partied, drank alot and did alot of drugs, as a teen I don't want my kids to ever get into any of that.

MrsBLB
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:55 AM

I was a wild child.  I don't want that for my kids. 

sheri305
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Quoting Momof5Teens67:

wow i didnt expect this to affect me the way it did.. this question/answer made me tear up. lol i am such a baby. lol

Wow,it made me tear up to,that was deep.And some very good points.

annie2244
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:47 AM

I would want them to have more of a sense of personal control and mastery over their scholastic results and career strata. No one ever told me that as long as my mind was of at least average functioning, A's are simply a result of time on task and assistance over periodic hurdles through tutoring. And guidance in selecting smartly among the huge array of career choices.

I'd also like them to see themselves as the selector, not the selectee in relationships, both with girls as friends, and with boys to date. I didn't get that attitude till I was in my mid-late 20's.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:02 PM

thank you , you are such a sweetie, hugs 

Quoting sheri305:

Quoting Momof5Teens67:

Wow,it made me tear up to,that was deep.And some very good points.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:03 PM

LOVE THIS...

I'd also like them to see themselves as the selector, not the selectee in relationships, both with girls as friends, and with boys to date. I didn't get that attitude till I was in my mid-late 20's.

Quoting annie2244:

I would want them to have more of a sense of personal control and mastery over their scholastic results and career strata. No one ever told me that as long as my mind was of at least average functioning, A's are simply a result of time on task and assistance over periodic hurdles through tutoring. And guidance in selecting smartly among the huge array of career choices.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)