Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When Do You Feel Most Afraid?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:08 PM
  • 17 Replies

screaming When do you feel most afraid?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:12 PM

On the nights my hubby works and I wake up in the middle of the night b/c I think I hear some one in the house.

It's weird since my hubby stays up all night on his nights off and he never wakes me up when he's piddling around down stairs but on the nights he works I never get a good nights sleep.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I am not afraid much. 

momofne
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:16 PM

There are two times. When I'm here alone at night and I start hearing weird noises or the other is when I know one of my sons (usually my oldest) is having some drama and is upset and not around. I worry about what might happen.

jabs54
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I have to sleep out in the living room by myself because I can't lay in a bed so sometimes I get scared because I hear a noise.   But mostly, I get REALLY scared when I fly.  I refused to fly for over 25 years because of my fear but my youngest dd and I went to Vegas last year and also last week after she graduated h.s.  I take a pill and she "leads" me around, lol.  I hate being fearful...I have a lot of little fears.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:58 PM

me too.... hugs

Quoting jabs54:

I have to sleep out in the living room by myself because I can't lay in a bed so sometimes I get scared because I hear a noise.   But mostly, I get REALLY scared when I fly.  I refused to fly for over 25 years because of my fear but my youngest dd and I went to Vegas last year and also last week after she graduated h.s.  I take a pill and she "leads" me around, lol.  I hate being fearful...I have a lot of little fears.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:04 AM

My most common fear is of something bad happening to one of my kids or to my Todd, bc I don't think I would handle it very admirably at all, I think I would fall into a million pieces and they would have to put me back together again in the psche unit at the hospital.  THat would make me upset too bc i would want to be strong for all my other members of family but i think i would be a basket case for awhile.

I am also afraid of something happening to me so they dont have me in their lives, Todd is amazing and would be there for them i am certain and they are very closely bonded with him too but i feel like i need to be there too for advice or guidance or comfort or whatever they may need. the older they get the less this part scares me and that is a good thing.

i am afraid of planes and i am afraid of spiders and centipedes, and i am afraid to drive a car, i've done it but we all decided it was better for me not to.

i am afraid of people i love decicing they dont love me anymore and leaving me or if they dont leave me then something bad happens to them so they die and cant be with me.

i dont like to be all alone at night with no one else around, i never have all my life that has made me feel unsafe.

sheri305
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Quoting mumsy2three:

On the nights my hubby works and I wake up in the middle of the night b/c I think I hear some one in the house.

It's weird since my hubby stays up all night on his nights off and he never wakes me up when he's piddling around down stairs but on the nights he works I never get a good nights sleep.

This is me.

annie2244
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:38 AM

I'm not afraid of anything I run into day to day. My biggest neurotic little fear - more like angst than fear - is not being on track to pay for college & retirement. Every couple months I go online to a retirement and college calculator and pop in various scenarios and see what the verdict is. Completely neurotic, but it makes me feel better, makes me feel in charge of these big looming withdrawls of funds.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:06 PM

goodactually, i think that is very very smart of you. good job

Quoting annie2244:

I'm not afraid of anything I run into day to day. My biggest neurotic little fear - more like angst than fear - is not being on track to pay for college & retirement. Every couple months I go online to a retirement and college calculator and pop in various scenarios and see what the verdict is. Completely neurotic, but it makes me feel better, makes me feel in charge of these big looming withdrawls of funds.

TOMBOI
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:39 PM

wow..im afraid when everyone's lights go out on our block..im afraid of the dark..when i home alone at nite..i live in a house so i swear by goodness i be hearing things..im afraid when ever i watch a scary movie cause agian i swear by goodness everything that happens to her will happen to me..yes cause usually its the women who are done the worst in scary movies..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)