Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Best Teacher You Ever Had?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

teacher Who was the best teacher YOU ever had and why were they the best?

How old were you when you had them?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
by Susie on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:17 PM

My 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Willsey.  She liked me.  I was a teachers pet.  I made all A's and did really well.  4th grade, total opposite.  The teacher was awful and I did poorly.  A teacher can make all the difference. 

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:24 PM

I've had several. One was Ms. Hench in 4th grade. She let us really explore our creative side. My friend and I used to put on plays, magic shows etc. for the class and we always got extra credit.

My other favorite was Mrs. Blazak (can't remember how to spell it). We were warned in 9th grade she was really tough. She had very red hair (dye job) and wore it alot in a braid down her back. I was always tempted to put a wire in it and have it stand up straight! Her nick name (behind her back was Blaze!).I had her for English and I learned so much in her class. I ended up liking her so much I had her for my entire high school English.

by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:09 AM

I had some teachers  I loved.  I loved my third grade teacher.  She was also the music teacher and I loved singing in the choir.  She was just very nurturing.

Then I had an excellent math teacher in high school.  He was smart and elegant and expected a lot from us. 

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 22 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:52 AM

In high school, my toughest teacher was the senior English teacher.  Underclassmen were terrified of her, but she turned out to be the best teacher I've ever had.  She challenged us far beyond what we thought we were capable of.  Yeah, her class was tough, but it was good for us.  She also didn't limit herself to English - she taught basic life skills.  Heaven help you if she had lunch duty and she caught one of her students at the senior tables using poor table manners!  She called you out over the noise of the cafeteria.  LOL

My favorite college professor of all time is my current professor.  I'm in nursing school, and she's a Master's Degree nurse (nurse practitioner).  I like her for several reasons.  She's a very experienced, very skilled nurse.  She has an extremely calming demeanor that comes in very handy when we're stressed about doing a new procedure.  For those of us who have prior medical background, she works overtime trying to find challenging patients for us.  She's always so proud when she can assign a patient to us that has a rare disease.  :) 

There seems to be a theme here.  The best teachers for me have been able to challenge me.  It's a pain at the time, but it gives valuable experience and knowledge that we wouldn't achieve otherwise.

by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:29 PM

teacher My favorite teacher wasn't until I was in my 30's.  Her name is Dr. Anne Spencer from Infinity Institute International School of Hypnotherapy.

She is a worldwide speaker and author too.

Not only did I learn a lot from her on the subjects we were studying, and she made sure we all learned well bc she made sure she taught to ALL the learning styles, hands on, visual examples, reading, memorizing, audial, everything.

She would pray for us before our tests which I thought was very touching.

But beyond on all that she is an incredible person with a bright light spirit bigger than her whole body and she shared things and life lessons she has learned and experiences from her over 70 yrs (which shocked us because she seems at least a decade or two younger than that)

she is exceptionally open minded and extremely non judgmental and i just hung on her every word.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)