Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We've Got ANOTHER "Kid" Moving In! LOL

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:46 AM
  • 16 Replies

giving heart LOL as many of you know.... currently we have

Our 16 1/2 yr old daughter living in florida, (to our great heartbreak but we keep closely in touch)

BUT AT HOME WE HAVE:

Besides my husband Todd and I:

son- 15 yr old Elijah

daughter- 18 yr old Michae'la

her boyfriend- 19 yr old Sam (he's lived with us for 1 1/2 yrs now)

daughter- brittany 21

her boyfriend- Jeremy 21

All 4 oldest kids work fulltime and 3 of them are going to college partime starting in fall too. The 21 yr olds HAD THEIR OWN APT FOR A YEAR and then several months ago offered to PAY US RENT to live here bc they missed us and wanted to see us more often. AWWWW so they turned a bedroom into a studio apt with microwave, mini fridge, etc etc.

It's been going great.

NOW our oldest son, Jesse 23 who had moved into

his OWN APT. an hour away from us when he was 18, asked if he can pay rent to live here for at least awhile.  OF COURSE WE SAID YES and are very very touched he wants to.

He said he will eventually get another apt of his own BUT he wants to move to the town we live in so he can see us much more often bc... he misses us and wants to see us frequently too not just once a month. AWWWWWW

We're not sure of his move in date yet but it might even be this weekend as his little brother is celebrating his 15th birthday sunday and jesse is hoping to be there if possible.

WE ARE SOOOO TOUCHED AND FLATTERED AND EXCITED.

dancing

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM

Awww! Welcome home Jesse, I hope he makes it in time for his brothers birthday!

girlintheflock
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:56 AM

how sweet!  i love that all your babies want to live at home.  i anticipate my kids wanting to also do that.  i hope so anyway.  but i have a question... chores.  now that they are adults living there, how do you do chores and household responsibilities.  do they just automatically pick up after themselves or do you have to kind of delegate stuff still.  like dishes and laundry and bedrooms.  and what about groceries and stuff.  do they pitch in?  i'm asking because it sounds like your running a pretty smooth home with the sort of communal living life i absolutely love the idea of, to keep everyone close.  of course i want my kids to grow up and have their independance and and build a life all their own.  but only when they are ready to do so.  :)

girlintheflock
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:58 AM

oh i was going to ask why your 16 year old is in florida.  and also what part?  we live in boynton beach. :)

Angiebooboo
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:01 PM

with all the kids I have in my house daily and stayng the night almost every night, I would say I have 5 other members staying with us...lol

babygirl66610
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Thank you! You gave me hope for the future. I am dealing with the fact that my girls are growing up and soon moving out. I am close to the girls and I am afraid they will forget about me after they move out and start a life of their own. We have always told them they will have a place here if they find they cant make it out on their own. I always kept the door open to them if they need it.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Amanda is in a BAD neighborhood in Ormond Beach- Daytona Beach area there are an astronomical high number of sex offenders/predators within a 5 mile radius of her and also in a 1 mile radius and even 1 on her street and several in her neighborhood. UGH SIghhh.

The WHY she is in florida... we are STILL asking ourselves that question and I am STILL losing sleep LITERALLY over it.
THIS Is the story of what we know in answer to that:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/101187/forums/read/11591747/16_1_2_yr_old_Daughter_BROKE_MY_HEART

Quoting girlintheflock:

oh i was going to ask why your 16 year old is in florida.  and also what part?  we live in boynton beach. :)

sheri305
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

Awww! Welcome home Jesse, I hope he makes it in time for his brothers birthday!

sheri305
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:30 PM

You and your hubby will be blessed for being such supportive parents.Keep up the good work.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Everyone pitched in and did chores UNTIL almost everyone started working 40+ hours a week and "I" didnt feel like it was fair for them to have to do a bunch of chores and work 40+ hours a week being that "I" am a fulltime stay at home mom with everyone 15 and over so they are all super easy and I have free time ALL DAY LONG every single day NOT like when the kids were younger, so I made everyone a deal, "I" will do the main chores and they can all pitch in with little things they see needed to be done like taking out the trash if its full for example and they often pitch in and do extras on their own like the girls just paid for and planted a flower garden outside and one of my daughters cleaned out the fridge for me. 

The 2 21 yr olds do their own food shopping and their own cooking they even have a mini fridge and microwave in their bedroom but use the kitchen and clean up after themselves.

The 23 yr old gets and does his own food

The 18 and 19 yr olds get and do their own food

Me Todd and Elijah take care of ours.

Everyone is on all sorts of work schedules so its hard for us to eat together anyway some work at night some work in the day.

They put their dishes rinsed in the dishwasher and I turn it on and put them away once a day. no biggie

Everyone does their OWN laundry and pitches in with towels etc that everyone uses.

Todd pays for someone to do the yard work once a week so they all take turns getting to do that but we try to let the 15 yr old do it the most so he can earn money.

You are right it really IS running smoothly ... so far so good.

I told them that I would do the main chores since most of them work AS LONG AS everyone is respectful of my work and pitches in to keep it looking nice and tidy by picking up after themselves and they do a really good job, if someone leaves something out bc they were running late I set it in their room or by their door and they get it as soon as they get home.

Quoting girlintheflock:

how sweet!  i love that all your babies want to live at home.  i anticipate my kids wanting to also do that.  i hope so anyway.  but i have a question... chores.  now that they are adults living there, how do you do chores and household responsibilities.  do they just automatically pick up after themselves or do you have to kind of delegate stuff still.  like dishes and laundry and bedrooms.  and what about groceries and stuff.  do they pitch in?  i'm asking because it sounds like your running a pretty smooth home with the sort of communal living life i absolutely love the idea of, to keep everyone close.  of course i want my kids to grow up and have their independance and and build a life all their own.  but only when they are ready to do so.  :)

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:34 PM

dancing Jesse is moving in TODAY  or TONIGHT and will be here for at least a big part of his brothers birthday too, those two boys are like each others other half even though they are 8 yrs apart they have this major mutual admiration thing for one another and are the best of friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)