Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen Sleepovers or Living Together

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:00 PM
  • 2 Replies

Taking this from another post, but if your teen and their SO were pregnant or already had a baby together, would you let them sleep together at your house or even move in together? 

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:25 PM

expecting baby   If the young couple decided to keep the baby instead of adopting it out, understanding the baby is THEIR main responsibilty and I am only a mere helper NOT the one raising him or her... IF the other young parent's mom was willing too then I would let the couple live at my house in their own room WITH the baby provided A. they guarantee me they have learned their lesson and are very vigilant about using condoms/protection, preferably even a double method. B. they follow the house rules which are super easy at my house anyway they are mainly for courtesy and safety.

I would want to nurture and encourage and even be there as a helper and support system not only to the young parents but also to their relationship bc the odds are stacked AGAINST a young couple and so if I can help them learn healthy relationship techniques as far as conflict resolution and open communication skills etc then that would be a plus for them AND their baby.

If the couple still didn't make it then I at least know I tried and gave them the strongest foundation I could.

And yes they would be allowed to have their own room with their baby.

I WOULD NOT LET THEM GET MARRIED UNTIL THEY WERE 18 though under any circumstances.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:46 PM

In my home, no way.  Even if my girls are 30, unmarried, they do not sleep in my home together.  They know that now and respect our home. 

Teen babies, I would suggest adoption, not moving in together. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)