• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you / do you use family changing rooms at pools / amusment parks, etc?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:09 PM
  • 26 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you / do you use family changing rooms at pools / amusment parks, etc?

Options:

Have and do still

Would if available

Would let my teens choose, but not preteens and younger

Would let my kids of any age choose

Would not

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

Our look community pool has a changing room for guys, and one for girls. But thre's also one for families. They also have instuted rules for usage of them.

You have to be an parent or gaurdian of a child, with a child of the opposite sex, or a family with a child. It's nothing special, its one large room with benches.

I'm a single mom, there's no guy here and my son is 13, 4'7".. looks.. 10..  I dont feel that I should be sending him alone into the mens changing room, if there's a family changing room available.  I'm not going to freek out if there isnt, but if the facilities are available, I'm using it.

Austin doesnt care, he will change infront of everyone. His sister Brianna complains about changing in the open, but.. really, its other families and nobody's trying to look at you Bri.  Me, I dont care.. If someone wants to see my boobs.. I hope you like what you see, and if you do.. are you rich and if so, lets date!

What do you all think? Good idea? Bad idea?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheri305
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I dont really like to,only if necessary.When were out to places like that,I always carry sanitizing whips to.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:36 PM

How old is Brianna? I think at 13 her brother shoukd not be changing in front of her.

SNKMama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

They are twins

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

How old is Brianna? I think at 13 her brother shoukd not be changing in front of her.

Edit: Why dont you think that a brother shoudlnt see a sister? Whats wrong with the human body and why should we teach modesty thats not natural?  There is nothing wrong with nudity, and we shoudlnt teach our children that there is something wrong with nudity.

MrsBLB
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:58 PM

We will use what is available to us. 

Angiebooboo
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:02 PM

Quoting SNKMama:

They are twins

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Edit: Why dont you think that a brother shoudlnt see a sister? Whats wrong with the human body and why should we teach modesty thats not natural?  There is nothing wrong with nudity, and we shoudlnt teach our children that there is something wrong with nudity.

Well tell CPS that and they are going to take your children away, there is a right way and a wrong way to teach nudity at 13 years old they should not be changing around a twin who is not the same sex weather you think there is nothing wrong with nudity or not. I mean if this was the case would it be alright for them to sleep in the same room together naked, NO it is not. 

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:02 PM

I think once kids hit puberty then they do not need to see their siblings of the opposite sex naked.

SNKMama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

They absolutly will not. Many families in the united states are even nudists, and CPS CANNOT interere with that lifestyle.  Just beacuse you do not enforce un-natural modesty, and your 13yo children see eachother changing into our out of bathing suits, there is NO child protective service that will intefere in that.

Sorry, but your wrong.

and, FYI.. they do sleep in the same room together. I own a two bedrom condo. They dont sleep together naked, but they LEGALLY COULD.

Quoting Angiebooboo:

Well tell CPS that and they are going to take your children away, there is a right way and a wrong way to teach nudity at 13 years old they should not be changing around a twin who is not the same sex weather you think there is nothing wrong with nudity or not. I mean if this was the case would it be alright for them to sleep in the same room together naked, NO it is not. 

SNKMama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Austin has not yet hit puberty, Brianna has.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I think once kids hit puberty then they do not need to see their siblings of the opposite sex naked.

SNKMama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Well tell CPS that and they are going to take your children away,

Just an FYI... 18 months or so ago, my twins slept in a queen sized bed together as they had since they were 4. Some advice from others here, I spoke with an attorney who suggested that I get bunk beds for them, but there was nothing illegal about children sharing a bed. REGARDLESS of their age. JUST for safety's sake I actulaly spoke with CPS and invited them out to come look at my living arrangements, CPS refused saying that what I described was SIGNIFICANTLY better than a lot of other people who've requested the same. CPS needs to have a reason to suspect ABUSE before they can take a child from a home. Children sleeping in the same bed, bedroom, or seeing each other unclothed does not, in anyway, in any form, in any shape or any state in the united states consitute abuse.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I would prefer if the girls get dressed in the womens room and the boys get dressed in the mens dressing room now that they are all teens and older.

When my kids were younger I definitely wanted the girls in the womens dressing room with me and if my older son or husband wasnt with us to go with the boys into the mens dressing area to make sure they are safe from strangers,  then I would prefer a family dressing room BUT they A family DRESSING room in PUBLIC SHOULD have little dressing room stalls with either doors or curtains or something especially in a unisex dressing room. There is NO way I would let my KIDS dress in front of strangers there are too many creepy weirdos out there.

This has nothing to do with the human body being good or bad in my opinion but there are a lot of people who are unsafe and they dont need to see my kids naked. My kids wouldnt dress down to nudity in front of strangers of the opposite sex anyway. They would go find a public bathroom with stalls and dress in there if they had to or dress in our van with the tinted windows with their same sex sibling holding up a towel in front of the window for privacy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)