Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

divorce and sex

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:07 PM
  • 4 Replies

do you discuss sex and divorce to your teens?how do you explain it?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:21 AM

Do you mean as two DIFFERENT AND SEPARATE DIscussions or as a combination such as your sex life affter a divorce for example?

I just want to make sure I understand your question before I answer. : )

NearSeattleMom
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 3:28 AM

My husband has discussed sex with my boys.  We haven't really had reason to discuss divorce other than mentioning what it was like for us to grow up with divorced parents.

natrlvr2
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 6:06 AM

I have discussed both with my son when he was much younger. He was 4 when I was divorced. As for sex,he had to knwo about it sooner than kids his age because hsi dad was an IDIOT to say the least.

My son and I are very close and I can discuss anythign with him.He is usually open with me.

millermom07
by on Jun. 29, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Me and my older kids' dad are divorced, so they know the ins and outs of it already.  As for sex, my 2 girls (12 and 9 1/2) know some things about it and have for a few years.  I've discussed the basics like how their bodies mature and when they asked why they got a period, I explained that which lead to babies, etc.  I didn't go into details like positions, things that feel good, etc because that is grown up talk, but I did answer their questions with as much information as I felt they needed and HONESTLY!!  I'd much rather them feel comfortable talking to me about that kind of stuff, than to talk to kids in school and not necessarily get the correct answers.  For instance, my oldest does know that it is possible to get pregnant even though she's never had a period, and WAY TOO MANY girls seem to NOT be aware of that!!!

And if your question is referring to the 2 topics together, then my kids do know that I had sex with my husband (their step-dad) before we were married.  After he and I were together for awhile, he eventually started staying over some.  I do not feel the need to hide that and I just let them know that having sex before marriage isn't the ideal situation, but we both knew where it was headed.  I do not want them to have sex before marriage, but if they are consenting ADULTS, and hopefully planning a long term relationship, then it is ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)