• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6/27/10 QOTD: Do your teens like to go to

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:44 AM
  • 23 Replies

local carnivals and fairs?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:45 AM

It is carnival time here. There is one somewhere close by every week of the summer. My dd usually attends two of them during the summer mainly to hang out with friends.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:16 AM

YES.  Absolutely and they love rides and being around all the extra people. Every year there is one only 2 blocks from our house for a whole weekend and they love that.

momofne
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Yes but they do know what a rip off they can be. So they don't play the fixed games and usually just hang out and ride a few rides.

Angiebooboo
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Heck yea, they love that excitment, I know I did when I was younger, Today for some reason I even look at a ride i get ill. when I was  teen you couldn't keep me off of a roller coaster, but after I had my first child at 22 you would have to knock me out to even get me on the merry-go-round...lol but this is true.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Quoting momOfTeens040:

yep...with their friends...

they go to the "derby" & "tractor & truck" pull

i like to see the animals & all the 4-H exhibits...

not this year...me & 2 of the boys will be in Washington DC

ohhh! What's on your agenda?

I was in DC with my 8 y/o son for his fieldtrip this year. We went to the air and space Museum and Museum of Natural History.

On the way down as we were heading into the city the kids were all ohhing and ahhing at everything they were seeing and we had to crack up when one of the kids yelled "There's a taxi" and all the other kids were like where and snapping pictures of it. Yep, we are country folk! LOL!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Quoting Angiebooboo:

Heck yea, they love that excitment, I know I did when I was younger, Today for some reason I even look at a ride i get ill. when I was  teen you couldn't keep me off of a roller coaster, but after I had my first child at 22 you would have to knock me out to even get me on the merry-go-round...lol but this is true.

I'm the same way! I don't like wild rides anymore.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Quoting momofne:

Yes but they do know what a rip off they can be. So they don't play the fixed games and usually just hang out and ride a few rides.

This is so true. When I go I play ski ball and throw the dart at the balloon games anything that requires skill, forget it!

sheri305
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Yes,they love to go.

amberdy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:36 PM

My son does.  It's a big thing up in Jersey.  Down here, not so much.  We don't really have them like they do up north.

babygirl66610
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Oh ya!!! Highlight of the summer. We have a fourth of July carnival. It lasts days and all the girls friends attend this social event every year. So its a must go to event of the year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)