Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7/12/10 QOTD: What do your teens friends call you?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:43 AM
  • 73 Replies

Do they say Ms./Mrs. Last name, by your first name or Mom?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofne
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Mom or Dude....when he's annoyed he calls me Karen but I refuse to let him call me by my first name and will ignore him. His friend calls both parents by their first name so he thinks it's okay.

Michele-w3
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:48 AM

They call me "Dylan's Mom".  I've told them several times what my name is, but I guess they like "Dylan's Mom". 

Bonnie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:53 AM

I'm generally known as "Miss Bonnie". When I was teaching, it was much easier to say than my surname and as such, it has stuck over the years.

MichelleMc
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Miss Michelle or when they were little Miss Chell. I hate Mrs. Last Name. I feel that we are holding the children at arms length & don't like it. If they are my friends kids or my kids friends, then for sure Miss Michelle. Keeping respect without being unapproachable. Even as a scout leader for years & years now, it was always Miss Michelle & Mr Jake for my husband.

Michelle Proud Mom of an Only Child By Choice Jonathan

Proud Teenager, Eagle Ranked Boy Scout, Venture Scout, USPSA Shooting & Scottish Drummer Parent!     Proud Navy Submarine Vets Wife! 

cckme5
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:12 AM

They mostly call me Ma or if I don't know them all that well, Mrs. Montgomery

shorty13417
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:58 AM

they call me.."Jonathan's mom" but i have told them many times to call me by my name which they know but they never do.

sammygrl77
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:05 AM
A couple of the closest friends call me mom. The rest call me Mrs. T.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jme9606
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:07 AM

My sons one friend calls me mom. He's like another son, he spends most of the summer here and most weekends during the school year too. His other regular friends call me by my 1st name...not so regular usually call me Brennen's mom.

fig219
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Some call me by my first name, some call me Mrs. Last name, some Mrs. shortened version of Last Name. I am not so much concerned with what they call me, just respectful/polite.

MrsTT
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:51 AM

my teens friends call me Miss by my first name ..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)