Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Facebook issues. Ugh.

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:20 PM
  • 2 Replies

Wondering how Moms are handling the incessant need their teens may have to be on social networking sites, etc., include with that skype/texting/emailing to the exclusion of family interaction, doing chores, and, on top of it,  developing a little disrespect.   I'm not new to the problem.  DD is 14.  I have the passwords and can see the interactions online, etc..  One of the biggest problems facing us is that because I have some guidelines for usage (3000 texts per month, phone shuts off at 11:00 p.m., etc.), she is literally hostile toward me about it.  She sneaks the computer into her room at night and will be posting on fb until 2:00 a.m.  What's everyone else's experience?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Angiebooboo
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:23 PM

It will get old with your teen, it always does, Having 3 teens at one time I thought I was going to pull my hair out with Facebook and my teens, but today they may go on there maybe once a week.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:37 PM

My dd is 16 and loves her social networking sites. We usually don't limit them now since she has a good balance between them and interacting with real people on a daily basis.

When she was younger we had a watchdog software program that would log the computer off at set times and you couldn't log back in until a certain time. We could also see what sites she visited, history couldn't be erased, and it would take screen shots at a set interval so we could see what what being typed.

If it is a laptop she is sneaking into her room I would take it to my room with me at night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)