Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

..blackening nails...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM
  • 8 Replies

halu...my daughters nail is becoming black and we dont know why.i know she hated vegetables..do you think it is one of the cause?do you have any suggestion on how to look it nice?ty

angel minineng

nengyou rock

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Momof5Teens67
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:51 PM

The most common cause for that is when the nail has been injured or bruised, like something smashed it or she hit it against something accidentally. sometimes they will even fall off and then regrow. 

Angiebooboo
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Wow, no I have never heard of that, black is a sign of  bad circulation. I would get it checked out.

Momof5Teens67
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Its happened to my kids quite a few times, most commonly the toe on my youngest son thanks to his bike stunts lol

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:44 PM

I've only seen a nail turn black when it has been injured. Did your dd get her finger slammed by anything or has she had a hand injury?

momofne
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Yeah injury will do that.

jabs54
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:02 PM

If she hasn't injured it I would call the doctor.  It shouldn't be turning black.

snowbear74
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:42 PM

dont think its from not eating veggies as my 14 yo DD NEVER eats vegetables and none of hers has turned black so its most likely what the others have said

Momof5Teens67
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:48 PM

laughing 

Quoting snowbear74:

dont think its from not eating veggies as my 14 yo DD NEVER eats vegetables and none of hers has turned black so its most likely what the others have said

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)