Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your teen found a wallet what would they do?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son kyle just found a wallet, he came home with it and looked up the name in the phone book and called the owner and he is comming to get it, and yes there is money in it, and there is credit cards, he brought it in and asked me to go though it, because he wasn't going to touch anything, I opened it and found the name for my son, I will not go though his stuff. Thats makes me very uneasy.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momcat437
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:37 PM

we just ran into that situation the other day--my dd found a wallet at the movie theater and she turned it into the ticket office--there was a picture ID in it and when she saw the kid it belonged to, she got it back from the ticket office and gave it to him...he was a little embarrassed that a "girl" found it... : )

SuperLooneyMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Is he a Boy Scout??? Mine is... Bryan has learned to give thingd he found and generally he does esp with money. I believe my children would do the same as your son. One time a lady dropped a $5 and my younger son picked it up gave it to her and she tried to pay him with the $5. I told her thanks but no thanks. He is a scout and he is learning to not to accept a tip but that he does it as respect and a good deed.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:40 PM

They would find the owner because they have been taught this.  Also if their purse was missing they know they would want to get it back. 

momofne
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM

I would hope they would turn it in or contact the person. Thats what I have always taught them, so I think they would.

jabs54
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Awwww, that is so sweet he brought it to you.  You did good momma!    I know my dd would do the same thing.  One time she found a $20.00 bill laying in the street.  She took it to the police station (I thought she was nuts, lol) and they held it for 30 days and no one claimed it so they actually brought it to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)