Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I'm really missing my boys.

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:15 PM
  • 20 Replies

They've only been gone.. what 2 days now.. I've been listening to their favorite band all day.. I don't know why it's so hard for me to just let go. It's not like they're not coming back... just being an over worried mom I suppose. It's way too quiet without them and the band here. Anyway, an update from yesterday.. Boys are in Madison WI then heading back to chicago then to IN then to MI. The number has jumped from 8 to 15 times that one of them has been mistaken for a girl lol. I keep telling him to cut his hair, but nobody listens to dear old mom. lol. The AC is still busted in their van and there's been a few temper flares but other than that they say things are going well. They should be getting on stage within the next 5-10 minutes.

Here's a picture from Milwaukee (nobody looks too thrilled do they lol)

by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Awww! hugs mom! It's amazing how much teens can be missed when they aren't around. They'll be back before you know it and it sounds like they are keeping in very close touch with you so that is a great thing. I love the pic!

nyraerikson
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

Awww! hugs mom! It's amazing how much teens can be missed when they aren't around. They'll be back before you know it and it sounds like they are keeping in very close touch with you so that is a great thing. I love the pic!

Thanks. Yeah, you know there are certain days where I can't stand being in my house and around all the noise, but once the noise is gone I really miss it lol. They're calling me at least twice a day and sending emails. Glad you like the pic (It's one of my favorites so far)

offrdngal
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:34 PM

(((HUGS)))

I like that picture.  They don't look too thrilled?  It's all part of the image, mom...duh!!  Get with the program!!  LOL 

I can image how they must be, in that van.  It's not surprising that some tempers will flare.  It's hotter than Haidis and they are crammed into a van with no AC and I'm sure they are tired of looking at each, at some points.  Makes for some good stories when all is said and done.

nyraerikson
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Quoting offrdngal:

(((HUGS)))

I like that picture.  They don't look too thrilled?  It's all part of the image, mom...duh!!  Get with the program!!  LOL 

I can image how they must be, in that van.  It's not surprising that some tempers will flare.  It's hotter than Haidis and they are crammed into a van with no AC and I'm sure they are tired of looking at each, at some points.  Makes for some good stories when all is said and done.

I'm always out of the loop lol. I might look the part of the rocker mom, but according to my boys I don't have a clue lol. Yeah, I feel so bad for them, but it's a part of life. Maybe on the next tour they'll bring battery powered fans... lol 

offrdngal
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Man..I must be getting tired...I reread what I posted and wow, all the left out words and typos!!  Good thing I wasn't being graded!

Maybe next tour they will be able to bring along some extra money to fix any problems that come up.  As my friend Steve always says, "What have we learned?"

Quoting nyraerikson:

Quoting offrdngal:

(((HUGS)))

I'm always out of the loop lol. I might look the part of the rocker mom, but according to my boys I don't have a clue lol. Yeah, I feel so bad for them, but it's a part of life. Maybe on the next tour they'll bring battery powered fans... lol 

nyraerikson
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Lol why don't you go to bed... and on a side note I didn't notice any typos lol so I must be getting pretty wore out too lol.  and exactly.. maybe they'll make enough on this tour to just buy a new van all together lol. 

Quoting offrdngal:

Man..I must be getting tired...I reread what I posted and wow, all the left out words and typos!!  Good thing I wasn't being graded!

Maybe next tour they will be able to bring along some extra money to fix any problems that come up.  As my friend Steve always says, "What have we learned?"

Quoting nyraerikson:

Quoting offrdngal:

(((HUGS)))

offrdngal
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I think that is a good idea.  Going to have some ice cream first. 

A new van would be nice or maybe even a small motorhome.

Quoting nyraerikson:

Lol why don't you go to bed... and on a side note I didn't notice any typos lol so I must be getting pretty wore out too lol.  and exactly.. maybe they'll make enough on this tour to just buy a new van all together lol. 

Quoting offrdngal:

Quoting nyraerikson:

Quoting offrdngal:

(((HUGS)))

Angiebooboo
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 10:35 PM
I bet! HUGS!!!!
Angiebooboo
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 10:36 PM
How old are they?
jabs54
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 10:41 PM

I'm from Madison, want me to go find them and give them a hug from you? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN