Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

I'm really missing my boys.

Posted by   + Show Post

They've only been gone.. what 2 days now.. I've been listening to their favorite band all day.. I don't know why it's so hard for me to just let go. It's not like they're not coming back... just being an over worried mom I suppose. It's way too quiet without them and the band here. Anyway, an update from yesterday.. Boys are in Madison WI then heading back to chicago then to IN then to MI. The number has jumped from 8 to 15 times that one of them has been mistaken for a girl lol. I keep telling him to cut his hair, but nobody listens to dear old mom. lol. The AC is still busted in their van and there's been a few temper flares but other than that they say things are going well. They should be getting on stage within the next 5-10 minutes.

Here's a picture from Milwaukee (nobody looks too thrilled do they lol)

by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 9:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
chedezada
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Hey it's a tipical mom thing to miss your kids when they are gone from home no matter where they go. They have to go out in the world and have there own experiences . Good thing when they come back you will hear great stories and what they went thru.

.Holly.
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Lovin' the pic!!! I know it must be hard for you but it's so cool they are keeping in contact with you as much as they are. They'll be back home before you know it.  I hope they are enjoying touring, even if the A/C is busted..yikes!   ((HUGS))

Momof5Teens67
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 11:49 PM

I think its a great pic, I feel for you though, I know I would miss my kids terribly and worry the whole time too even while being proud of them and encouraging them. lol

nyraerikson
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 6:09 AM

They're 18

Quoting Angiebooboo:

How old are they?

amberdy
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Hope they are doing well.  How long will they be gone?  How old are they?

momofne
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Awwww {{{HUGS}}} I would miss my boys terribly too. They'll be home soon : )

nyraerikson
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 5:59 PM

that would be nice lol but they're in chicago again tonight

Quoting jabs54:

I'm from Madison, want me to go find them and give them a hug from you? lol

judimary
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 8:12 PM

My eldest(pictured here with his baby sister a few weeks ago) has just turned 19 and he's moved away to go to Uni.  We live in far north Queensland and he's moved to Brisbane.  I feel like someone's given me a big kick in the stomach I miss him sooooo much, but also I'm happy for him and I know he's such a good kid and he'll be right. It is hard though.  Hopefully my boy will get his internet connection up today and we'll be emailing each other again by this afternoon. 

I sympathise on the haircut thing, too!  :P

nyraerikson
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Very cute picture :) Yeah, it's really tough when they're not around. 

Quoting judimary:

My eldest(pictured here with his baby sister a few weeks ago) has just turned 19 and he's moved away to go to Uni.  We live in far north Queensland and he's moved to Brisbane.  I feel like someone's given me a big kick in the stomach I miss him sooooo much, but also I'm happy for him and I know he's such a good kid and he'll be right. It is hard though.  Hopefully my boy will get his internet connection up today and we'll be emailing each other again by this afternoon. 

I sympathise on the haircut thing, too!  :P

Rose82257
by on Jul. 20, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Hi! I completely understand how you feel I am divorced and my son has autism doesn't go with his dad often even if the courts say he has visititation my son at times can't stand going with his dad. But like this weekend and that's just it is just for the weekend but I have been so use to him being with me all th e  time that when he is gone I don't know what to do with myself. But I'll bet I find something to do this weekend.butterfly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN