Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Police at my door at 5:30 this morning!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 12:36 PM
  • 25 Replies

He had my son Austin in his SUV, He said he had found him in the mall parking lot wondering around, I said what, I was up until 2:30 this morning doing homework, and everyone was in bed when I locked the door. He told me Austin said he was jogging, He can't jog, 3 weeks ago Austin had pull his ligaments in his hip and he knows that he will not be able to jog for a long time. Well anyway Austin was sneaking, he was trying to jog without me knowing, and he told the officer that he was trying to push himself and he could not make it, he was trying to make it home before I got up and he had left at 5 in the morning to jog to the mall and back. When the officer came to the door he already had a curfew ticket made out, well by the time he left he ripped it up. He told Austin that he is leaving him to me to take care of him and that if he decides to leave again in the morning make sure it isn't before 7 am and after 10 pm. Austin shuck his hand and said Thank you. Oh I am still mad as hell!

by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cara124
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 12:43 PM
oh that sucks, nice thing to wake up to, but at least he was just out jogging and not doing horrible things right?
RTolen
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I really thought this conversation was going another way, like he was really out drinking or something.  It's hard when you are young and bullet proof to believe that you need to let injuries heal. This was probably very embarrassing for him and hopefully it will make him think next time.

jaderica
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Well, it was nice of the officer to let him off with a warning.  If Austin is really that convinced that he wants to push himself through recovery, it might not be a bad idea to help him research safer ways to do it.

(((((Hugs)))))

-Jaderica 

Angiebooboo
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Quoting jaderica:

Well, it was nice of the officer to let him off with a warning.  If Austin is really that convinced that he wants to push himself through recovery, it might not be a bad idea to help him research safer ways to do it.

(((((Hugs)))))

-Jaderica 

We have researched and he knows that he has to start out slow by swimming and  walking, he has been warned by the Dr. about over puching. I know Austin has a love for jogging, and he knows it is going to be atleast 6 weeks of healing before he can try to jog. 

Becky_71
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 12:55 PM
Thank God it wasnt for other reasons, wow he's got some determination in him huh? Hopefully he got the message that he needs to wait and let it heal, and then he can push himself to get back on track.
jaderica
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Quoting Angiebooboo:

Quoting jaderica:

(((((Hugs)))))

-Jaderica 

We have researched and he knows that he has to start out slow by swimming and  walking, he has been warned by the Dr. about over puching. I know Austin has a love for jogging, and he knows it is going to be atleast 6 weeks of healing before he can try to jog. 

poor guy! I remember my brother having a hard time with taking time to heal too. He had his knee screwed up during football and had to have surgery on it, but was insistent that he didn't want to wait the full recovery time because he still wanted to wrestle that year!  Like another poster said, kids at this age think they're invincible. 

Good Luck!

-Jaderica

armycoppertop
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 1:55 PM
Well, at least if he is sneaking out it is because he has a love of something healthy and will take him places in the future. But he did still break rules by sneaking out of the house and going against doctor's orders and caused the cops to be involved and created drama (that could have become "criminal") that caused hassle for you. He knows he can't jog yet, but has the doctor made any workout schedules for him to start doing with the exercises he CAN do? If he is just being told you can't run but not being shown/told what to do for alternative workouts (telling him he can swim is not giving him a workout. I mean an actual workout plan like how many laps in the pool, how many laps on the track at what pace, etc), he is going to push his limits to do what he used to do for a workout before he had limitations. Is he in physical therapy for his knee? That helps me with all my injuries... I am working myself but I am supervised to make sure I am not pushing too hard, doing the exercises right and still able to heal.
momofne
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Oh my lord!! Well glad he's okay and it wasn't anything serious. Tell him we all say he needs to heal first!!!! No sneaking!!!

Momof5Teens67
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 3:37 PM

this

Quoting cara124:

oh that sucks, nice thing to wake up to, but at least he was just out jogging and not doing horrible things right?

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 18, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Quoting Becky_71:

Thank God it wasnt for other reasons, wow he's got some determination in him huh? Hopefully he got the message that he needs to wait and let it heal, and then he can push himself to get back on track.

this!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)